Come join the Bay Area’s top rated news station! KTVU FOX 2 is seeking individuals that have a respect for journalism and want to be part of the station’s best in class reporting, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes!
Live Event / On Location Services
San Francisco Bay Area
Feb 05, 2024
Come join the Bay Area’s top rated news station! KTVU FOX 2 is seeking individuals that have a respect for journalism and want to be part of the station’s best in class reporting, both in front of the camera and behind the scenes! Be part of a winning team with a diverse culture that believes in supporting, mentoring, and training our staff. We are searching for an experienced News Producer. As part of our total compensation benefits package we offer comprehensive medical plans, three weeks’ vacation, 401k, and tuition reimbursement just to name a few.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Producer is required to select content, write and copy edit stories, assemble stories into a rundown, book guests, and create graphics and visuals to complement the presentation of material for the on-air broadcast and digital platforms.
- The producer must be able to write news copy clearly, in broadcast style, for on-air, online, and other digital platforms.
- Must be able to assemble news material in a logical and organized fashion and present finished stories in a professional and engaging manner for viewers/readers to be able to comprehend the latest local, national and international news.
- Strong writing and producing skills are essential.
- Ability to contribute ideas on a daily basis and to recognize what types of stories would make for interesting and compelling television and online content.
- Ability to adapt to a fast-paced quickly changing environment and react in live situations to cover breaking news, etc.
- Ability to establish and maintain harmonious relationships with peers and supervisors and to develop contacts outside the building to aid in newsgathering.
- The producer must be enterprising and self-motivated and be able to work independently to develop newscast or assigned production.
- Requires a thorough understanding of all journalistic standards and broadcast production techniques used to create visual and compelling on-air and online content.
- Other duties assigned as deemed appropriate and necessary.
- High school diploma is required; 4-year College degree is preferred.
- Candidate should have some experience with fast-paced television productions. Ignite, Inews, AutoCue experience or other newscast automation is required.
- A strong technical understanding of new technology is also required.
- Excellent communication and leadership skills are required.
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $100,000.00-103,000.00 annually for California.