TelevisaUnivision Local Media – Sacramento is seeking an experienced News Producer for the local newscasts. The News Producer generates, plans and develops ideas for the daily newscasts. The position is also responsible for conceiving, writing and preparing broadcast material including local and national stories, newsbreaks, teasers, headlines, and digital content.
Sacramento, California Area
Feb 12, 2024
TelevisaUnivision Local Media – Sacramento is seeking an experienced News Producer for the local newscasts. The News Producer generates, plans and develops ideas for the daily newscasts. The position is also responsible for conceiving, writing and preparing broadcast material including local and national stories, newsbreaks, teasers, headlines, and digital content. The News Producer must have a strong sense of journalistic ethics an excellent editorial judgment and a good understanding of local, state and national current events. The News Producer should have knowledge of the Latino community demographics in Sacramento and California.
You are a creative, motivated, enthusiastic self-starter who can work effectively in a dynamic news environment.
- Regular Weekly or ongoing duties include plan, structure, write, and edit newscasts, or other news programming or material including but not limited to multi-media and digital properties.
- Must work early morning shift
- Work with reporters to conceptualize, coordinate and approve story packages to conform to station policies, practices and procedures.
- Produce and edit editorial content directly to website as needed and send push alerts
- Perform on air Multimedia Journalist work as needed
- Minimum of 1 year experience as a News Producer
- Digital content creation experience
- Must have the ability to lead and conduct the news meeting, generating story ideas, dispatching news crews and reporters.
- Oversee the on-air look of news broadcasts to make sure it follows UTG and station policies.
- Full command of the Spanish language both written and spoken is required.
- Proofreads rundown and copy for accuracy prior to going on the air.
- In charge of content and creative flow of the assigned broadcast, including writing of teases/ headlines, ordering of graphics. Oversees stories’ production.
- Works together with the Executive Producer and News Director as liaison between producer, photographers, and reporters in the field.
- Story selection and assignment of stories to reporters and photographers.
- Prepares newscast rundown (story selection and order) on iNews system for 6AM, 6PM and/or 11PM newscasts.
- Supervises writing and pre-production of each element of the newscast including all anchor-read stories and reporter full tracks, video editing and graphics.
- Line produce –back timing- newscast while on the air.
- Creates and executes original stories for the show development and execution of sweeps projects production.
- Must possess leadership skills and be team player, self-starter with solid news judgment and ethics.
- Must possess knowledge of all aspects of newsroom operations and electronic news-gathering (ENG) and general office equipment and computers.
- Must have the ability to work a flexible schedule including nights, weekends, and holidays.
- Must be willing to work from office in Sacramento, CA.
- Employment/education will be verified
- Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the United States
- Other duties as deemed necessary.
Salary Range: $60,000 + benefits