Will investigate and set up stories for reporters on a daily basis, and assign reporters and photographers with precise attention to logistics.
Greater Detroit Area
Aug 16, 2023
- Will investigate and set up stories for reporters on a daily basis, and assign reporters and photographers with precise attention to logistics.
- Monitor police and fire scanners, websites and social media.
- Will be expected to have command of local and national events and recognize important developments in those stories.
- The successful candidate will need to possess strong communication skills for interaction with viewers, government and law enforcement officials, public relations professionals, co-workers and others.
- Must cultivate and maintain sources for newsgathering purposes, and conceive enterprise stories unique to FOX 2.
- The successful candidate will possess complete reliability in accurately gathering, recording and sharing information to our reporters, producers, on social media and to our website.
- Other responsibilities deemed necessary by Newsroom Managers.
- Strong communication skills, strong logistical skills, ability to multi-task, Social Media platforms, including Facebook, Twitter and Instagram.
- Ability to work with all types of people, flexible and willing to adapt to quick changes.
- Ability to make important decisions quickly and ability to problem solve on their own.