Summer 2024: The Content group at NBC Sports Bay Area/California is responsible for the day-to-day planning and production of on-air and digital schedule. Interns will assist in the production of daily content and programs, while also helping various production and marketing related initiatives including research, audio/video production, news gathering, editing content.
San Francisco Bay Area
Dec 12, 2023
The Content group at NBC Sports Bay Area/California is responsible for the day-to-day planning and production of on-air and digital schedule. Interns will assist in the production of daily content and programs, while also helping various production and marketing related initiatives including research, audio/video production, news gathering, editing content.
A snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Screening/logging of games, press conferences, interviews, and taped programs to prepare for editing
- Researching for graphic boards, creating on-air graphics, and assisting the ticker operators
- Assisting Associate Producers in the edit rooms
- Working on the production of all pregame/postgame programming
- Preparing, copying, and distributing programming information and scripts
- Executing detail work to procure footage from external sources
- May be assigned additional tasks needed to support the network's day-to-day operations
- Must be actively enrolled in a degree-granting program at an accredited institution during the length of the program.
- Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits).
- Bilingual in Spanish is a plus.
- Strong interest in the web, mobile, social media, sports, and television
- Intermediate media production experience thru college programs
- Knowledge of sports, preferably Bay Area teams – including baseball, basketball, football, and hockey
- Excellent verbal and written communication, interpersonal, and creative skills
- Detail-oriented, with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously; meet deadlines and work as part of a team while also being able to work independently in a fast-paced environment
- Possess great organizational skills and has excellent track record for following through on projects
- Strong computer skills including proficiency in Microsoft suite.
- Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.
- Must be willing to work in San Francisco, CA
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
Compensation: The hourly rate for this internship is $18.07/hr.