The Music Licensing Assistant will work closely with the Music Licensing Coordinator and Sr. Music Licensing Coordinator on the music licensing process. Collaborate with the other Music Assistants to maintain/ingest metadata for ESPN Owned Copyright and licensed music.
Audio / Music / Sound
Aug 16, 2023
The Music Licensing Assistant will work closely with the Music Licensing Coordinator and Sr. Music Licensing Coordinator on the music licensing process. Collaborate with the other Music Assistants to maintain/ingest metadata for ESPN Owned Copyright and licensed music. Involved with generating cue sheet reports, delivering and tracking of cue sheets to affiliate partners, and organizing submitted cue sheets.
- Assist Coordinating Director of Music, Sr. Music Licensing Coordinator and Music Licensing Coordinator in the preparation, filing, coordination and organization of music licenses and related music documentation.
- Management of the storage, organization, update and ingest of digital metadata for worldwide tracking and monetization.
- Work with the other Music Assistants to handle the update of music data to the cue sheet management system, as well as the distribution and handling of cue sheets to licensors.
- Support the approval of music cue sheets submitted to the database and assist in cue sheet reporting to track compliance for all ESPN networks.
- Tracking of ESPN programming on affiliate networks and submit cue sheets to those networks and/or our Publishing Administrator.
- Assist in the registration of ESPN owned copyrights and work to reconcile backlog of Copyright metadata.
- If need be, prepare clearance requests, reporting, correspondence and license agreements.
- Input into departmental database song and license fee information for cleared third party songs.
- Works with other Music Assistants to organize, compile and deliver series/seasonal music packages for assigned Productions, as needed.
- Assists the in-house producers with guidance related to music procedures and policies; provides training, explanations of standards and procedures.
- Exhibit the ability to train incoming employees on the department’s basic functions, cue sheet management system, digital audio platforms, administrative systems & audio library resources currently in use.
- Assists Music Directors and Coordinators music team with other music-related projects and tasks, as needed.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Prioritize projects based on time & resources available.
- Demonstrated high organizational and communication skills and abilities required.
- Knowledge of both Mac and PC operating systems required.
- Highly proficient in MS Word and MS Excel and knowledge of other Office365 tools.
- Minimum of 1 year experience or understanding related to broadcast, technical operations, library science or music backgrounds
- Spanish proficiency