Warner Bros.: We have multiple music internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 31st.
Application Deadline: Tuesday, October 31st
Your New Role
We have multiple music internship opportunities available. By applying to this posting, you will be considered for all internship opportunities within this area. These internships will be located in the Los Angeles area. The selected interns will be expected to join us in the office on a regular cadence based on the intern managers' in office schedule.
This could include, but is not limited to:
- Warner Bros. Music Library Intern: LA - Spring 2024
- Warner Bros. Pictures Music Intern: LA - Spring 2024
- Warner Bros. Television Music Intern: LA - Spring 2024
- WaterTower Music Intern: LA - Spring 2024
Your Role Accountabilities
- Organizing sheet music
- Packing sheet music for long term storage
- Ripping CD's
- CD and Document filing
- Creating lists and checking library inventory
- Assisting keep the library organized
- Answering the phone and taking messages
- Picking up and delivering items (such as hard drives or music) to other areas of the WB lot
- Attend weekly staff music meetings
- Read scripts and complete music breakdowns
- Research publisher and recording ownership on songs requested for clearance
- Compile and distribute music playlists for our department and gather updated rosters of composers, artists, songwriters, music producers, music editors, label talents and music supervisors
- Assist in metadata upkeep and ingestion in the label
- Pull, format, and analyze streaming reports
- Assist in managing the label
- Physical product inventory
- Create and upload YouTube videos to the label channel
- Write copy for social media posts
- Complete daily activities that allow them to connect with both the Creative and Clearance departments
Qualifications & Experience
- Ability to read/write musical notation (required for WB Music Library role)
- Experience playing an instrument in an orchestra/composing music for orchestra (preferred for WB Music Library role)
- Have a solid understanding of metadata and its role in the music business
- Extremely detail oriented
- Must be computer literate and/or proficient in MS Word, Excel, Mac, Adobe Acrobat, and file sharing platforms (Box, Dropbox, etc.)
- Must be able to maintain confidential information
- Be able to multitask and work with multiple team members on separate projects
- Must be actively enrolled in a U.S. accredited college or university degree program for the full duration of the internship (proof of enrollment required)
- Must be a rising Junior, Senior or Graduate Student (18 years or older)
- Must be in academic good standing (3.0 or above GPA)
- Warner Bros. Discovery will only consider candidates who are presently authorized to work for any employer in the United States and who will not require work visa sponsorship from Warner Bros. Discovery now or in the future in order to retain their authorization to work in the United States.
The Nice to Haves
- A passion for music and film will be a plus.
- Knowledge of all genres of music as well as familiarity with a variety of television shows.
- Interested in learning more about the career fields of Music Supervision, Music Clearance, and Sync Licensing.
- Passion for music, specifically music used in Film & TV.
About Our Internship Program
WBD's Internship Program is designed to nurture students professionally and personally. We attract the country’s boldest and brightest students for paid, for-credit, real-world internship experiences in the entertainment, tech, sports, news and media industries. We offer career-defining opportunities to learn valuable skills that will help you prepare for a successful future.
Ready to learn more? Here’s what we offer:
- Hands-on work with passionate, talented team members in your field
- Mentorship from some of the industry’s kindest and most passionate entertainment veterans
- Engaging events including professional development seminars, panels with recruiters and former interns, intern-exclusive events, and so much more
- Access to top-level executives and employees through our Speaker Series and Roundtables
- Incredible networking opportunities with industry-leading professionals and a robust intern alumni network
- A creative, collaborative, and inclusive company culture
What you can expect to take away from the semester:
- Opportunities to develop professionally and uncover skills you didn’t know you had
- The insider scoop on the entertainment industry and what happens behind the scenes
- Relationships that will go beyond your collegiate career
- Real-life experiences that will provide you with the confidence to delve into your next adventure
And finally, what to know before applying:
- The duration of the program is 11 weeks
- Program dates:
- Start Date: January 29th
- End Date: April 19th
- Interns will be expected to work 16-24 hours per week in a hybrid capacity.
- Our internships are paid opportunities with a competitive hourly wage. Credit is not required; however, we will provide the necessary documentation for school credit if desired. Relocation is not provided.
- Interviewing will take place from October through mid-December. A WBD team member will contact you if your experiences and interests match an open internship position. Due to the high volume of applications, we are unable to give individual status updates.
Pay Rate: $19 per hour USD for undergrad interns, $25 per hour USD for graduate level interns.