First Coast News is is looking for committed journalists, who are creative storytellers. This person will be able to take complicated information and communicate it in a way that is easily understood by anyone who consumes it on our information platforms; whether broadcast, digital or social.
Live Event / On Location Services
Jacksonville, Florida Area
Jan 03, 2024
First Coast News is is looking for committed journalists, who are creative storytellers. The ideal person for this position is interested in people and community. This person will be able to take complicated information and communicate it in a way that is easily understood by anyone who consumes it on our information platforms; whether broadcast, digital or social. This person will understand the importance of engagement and the value in making a connection with community.
Fact-checking, second-sourcing, research, and ethical journalism are all welcome, familiar, and actionable words for the ideal person for this position.
This person will take an interest in our community, get involved by getting to know the people, and understand that care will translate to telling the stories that have impact, and affect change.
- Develop story ideas, write, shoot and edit news stories for all platforms
- Write in an exciting, captivating and authentic manner
- Use the latest editing and photography tools to tell great stories
- Develop original content through social listening and independent sources
- Deliver on-air news events in an engaging, exciting, and accurate manner
- Interview news subjects and research for facts and credibility
- Develop news sources for general assignment and special areas of interest
- Produce news stories that are unique and captivating
- Operate news gathering vehicle to and from various locations
- Write and post daily on all digital platforms, including social media
- Enterprise news stories
- Shoot, write and edit packaged reports
- Write for the web, including attaching images and streaming video
- Perform other tasks, as required by supervisor or executive producer
- BA/BS in journalism, communications or related field or related experience
- At least 3 years of experience preferred
- Experience in photojournalism, editing, and content management systems
- Understanding of the principles of professional journalism
- Ability to generate creative, engaging, content-driven live shots
- Strong social media skills
- Organizational skills and the ability to work under constant time pressure deadlines
- Ability to calmly handle live, breaking news situations and changing events
- Travel: Occasionally: 10-25%
- Work Environment Set: Outdoors: performed in various outdoor environmental conditions
- Physical Demands Set: Light work: Involves sitting most of the time, walking, lifting, bending, standing, etc.