The News Department at TelevisaUnivision is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our team! Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report, and edit assigned stories daily and establish Live shots as needed.
Live Event / On Location Services
Fresno, California Area
Nov 20, 2023
The News Department at TelevisaUnivision is looking for a Multimedia Journalist to join our team! The successful candidate should be proud of the commitment of serving our local community.
You will be responsible for generating story ideas, as well as making and maintaining contacts with community leaders, government officials, and local authorities. You will present reports in a clear, concise, objective manner; as well as present enterprising stories and sweeps series ideas. You are a team player with solid news judgment and must be a “one-person band” to complete a story from beginning to end. You must be able to work independently with the camera, write, edit own story, and interact with the viewers through all the Univision media platforms. You will report to the News Director.
- Gather information, conduct interviews, shoot video, produce, report, and edit assigned stories daily and establish Live shots as needed.
- Post video, pictures and stories to website, Facebook, and other social media outlets under the direction of our Digital content producers.
- Maintain strong familiarity with local, state, and national news and events across our coverage area.
- Establish and maintain news contacts in the community.
- Maintain a positive work atmosphere by behaving and communicating in a manner that works well with coworkers, supervisors, and the community at large.
- Work independently while out in the field and under various weather elements.
- A bachelor’s degree is preferred (i.e., communications, journalism, television broadcasting).
- 1-year newsroom experience required; or equivalent combination of education and experience will be considered.
- Excellent command of Spanish and English both written and verbal.
- Applicant must be able to use newsroom computer systems and applications (both hardware/software).
- Knowledge of iNews, video editing (such as Avid, Adobe Premiere, Final Cut), and file sharing systems preferred.
- High ethical and journalistic standards.
- Advanced knowledge in the use of field cameras, gear and editing systems.
- Ability to work nights, weekends, and holidays.
- A valid driver’s license with a good driving record.
- Ability to sit, stand and walk for up to (8) hours without restrictions.
- Ability to lift and carry up to 30 pounds for extended periods of time.
Salary Range $55,000 + Benefits