Active team member of the Asset team, the Modeler takes direction for the lead Modeler as well as the head of Builds and Asset Supervisor. They are responsible for creating hard surface and organic photoreels models on a variety of live action projects.
Dec 28, 2023
Active team member of the Asset team, the Modeler takes direction for the lead Modeler as well as the head of Builds and Asset Supervisor. They are responsible for creating hard surface and organic photoreels models on a variety of live action projects. They work closely with the Texture, Groom, Look dev and Rigging team to deliver high standards and functional assets to the downstream departments.
- Create accurate organic and hard surface digital assets from the supplied reference material and/or concept artwork.
- Apply and adjust UV's, working closely with texture artists to ensure UVs are positioned and scaled efficiently.
- Take direction from the Lead Modeller, the head of Builds and the Asset Supervisor.
- Make sure to hit targets and quotas in the encountered time.
- Provide the show supervision team explanation during dailies and apply any necessary adjustments requested by the Supervisors.
- Work closely with the Texture, Groom, Look dev artists and riggers to ensure assets are optimised for render.
- Troubleshoot any issues and escalate to the Lead if necessary.
- Responsible for the final preparation of meshes for rigging and providing displacement maps when required for the texturing and lookdev team to pick up
- Previous experience as a VFX modeler creating photorealistic digital models.
- Have fundamental knowledge of modeling both organic and hard surface environments and props, Maya’s referencing system, organizing complex hierarchies.
- Ability to both interpret designs and accurately match photographic reference material.
- Strong ability with Maya and Zbrush. Experience with Houdini and procedural modelling is an asset.
- Excellent Maya polygon and subdivision surface modelling skills and the ability to apply and manage UVs.
- Experience with USD format is a plus.
- Good understanding of the visual effects pipeline from modelling through animation, texturing, and rendering.
- Ability to hit deadlines and receive constructive feedback.
- Ability to work well in a team and solve asset specific issues independently.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- An organized and methodical approach to your work.
- Proactive nature with the ability to work on your own initiative.
- Ability to motivate yourself and your colleagues in a evolving and fast paced environment.