The Big Ten Network is looking for a Manager to join the StudentU Program! This position will be based in Los Angeles and be focused on assisting our LA based members of the Big Ten Conference with increasing their live video production capabilities and ensuring they are ready to produce streams that meet production standards when they officially join the conference in August 2024.
The Big Ten Network is looking for a Manager to join the StudentU Program! This position will be based in Los Angeles and be focused on assisting our LA based members of the Big Ten Conference with increasing their live video production capabilities and ensuring they are ready to produce streams that meet production standards when they officially join the conference in August 2024. You will work closely with staff and students at UCLA and USC, serving as a point of contact for them and assisting with recruiting and training for their on-campus productions. Additionally, you will collaborate with the BTN StudentU team on the creation of production policies, procedures and training manuals as well as help monitor and ensure the quality of individual streams airing live on the B1G+ platform.
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Manage the partnership between athletic department staff, other university stakeholders, and the Network
- Ensure athletic departments are ready to produce streams that meet StudentU production standards by August 2024
- Establish programs to recruit and train students on campus, including building partnerships with academic departments to build a pipeline of student talent
- Coordinate the building and implementation of control rooms and/or flypacks for streaming
- Identify facilities and equipment that do not meet standards and help advocate for their improvement
- Collaborate with BTN engineering and graphics departments to assist students with technical questions related to the production equipment on campus
- Create and maintain training manuals and documents to assist students in understanding and achieving StudentU production standards
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 2-3 years of prior experience working in a live sports production environment
- Previous experience working with and training students
- Proficiency in negotiation, presentation, and solid interpersonal skills
- Outstanding verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to productively contribute to a team remotely while working outside of the typical Big Ten Network office space
- Ability to communicate and understand technical information regarding television facilities and equipment.
- Capability to manage multiple high-profile projects and provide strong leadership and solid decision-making skills under tight deadlines
- Available to work regular weekend and weekend hours, based on the live event schedule. Job will be based on the FOX lot but will be expected to regularly be on site on UCLA and USC campuses
NICE TO HAVE BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Bachelor’s degree
- Previous experience working with Ross XPression, including building Dashboards and scene templates
- Technical knowledge of video production equipment, including a switcher, graphics and replay machines, and intercom systems
Pursuant to state and local pay disclosure requirements, the pay range for this role, with final offer amount dependent on education, skills, experience, and location is: $73,000.00-90,000.00 annually for California.