The Manager, Production A/V Gardenvision is responsible for the management of all technical aspects at Madison Square Garden pre, post, and during live events.
The Manager, Production A/V Gardenvision is responsible for the management of all technical aspects at Madison Square Garden pre, post, and during live events. This individual will assist in the day-to-day operation, installation, and implementation of control room technology, while also handling the reception and distribution of audio and video services within Gardenvision. The Manager, Production A/V Gardenvision will interface directly with Gardenvision staff, Event Presentation, Sports Properties, Arena Production, MSG Networks, and all other necessary clients, to ensure the highest quality of service. In addition, this individual will be the technical point person for all designated concerts and live events. The ideal candidate is a highly technical individual that specializes in professional video and audio engineering, signal distribution, imaging technologies, production philosophies, and control room workflow. This position requires proficiency in fundamental technologies used in modern.
What will you do?
· Maintain, repair, and test all broadcast equipment and IP infrastructure throughout the facility; including but not limited to control room servers, routers, switchers, RF systems, broadcast level cameras, communication devices, and any other A/V equipment.
· Technical point person to administer, operate and troubleshoot all technical needs on-site during designated concerts and live events.
· Highly responsive to emergencies in a fast paced, time sensitive environment; able to effectively troubleshoot problems and make solutions-oriented decisions to minimize downtime.
· Support all major broadcast system projects and the implementation of capital projects within the Gardenvision control room.
· Assist the day to day loading and operation of game-day elements within the LED & Projection systems.
· Coordinate with Gardenvision staff, Event Presentation, Sports Properties, and other various internal and external departments regarding engineering needs.
· At the direction of the Director of Gardenvision, assign and oversee technical game day staff during designated live events.
· Constantly evaluate and discuss alternative workflows for in-arena execution.
Responsible and accountable for the operation and maintenance of MSG’s technical systems including but not limited to:
· LED Scoreboard and Ribbon Board Display Systems (Daktronics)
· Evertz Replay System & Video Playback
· Image Video Tally System
· Sony Switchers & Cameras
· Riedel Intercom System
· Video Servers
· Imagine Video/Audio Router
· Maintaining Service Agreements
What do you need to succeed?
· 3-5 years of progressive experience in operation and maintenance of control room systems, supervising personnel, and dealing with concurrent events in a time sensitive environment.
· Strong knowledge of in-arena broadcast signal flow and networking.
· Excellent understanding of fiber optic, SMPTE cable, and other audio/video cabling.
· Knowledge of system configuration for Daktronics Show Control, D3 Projection Video Servers, Chryon Prime, and Evertz DreamCatcher.
· Open-minded and solution-based critical thinker who is engineer-centric and detailed-oriented.
· Excellent communication skills with all levels of the organization and the ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner.
· Leadership ability (Union Management experience desired).
Pay range: $83,000.00 – 120,000.00 / year