Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Superhero to life! As an Art Manager at Monolith, you'll facilitate optimal communication, collaboration, and growth of the studio’s art teams and promote their best work and remove development obstacles.
Greater Seattle Area
Jan 18, 2024
Join the Wonder Woman team and help bring an iconic DC Superhero to life!
As an Art Manager at Monolith, you'll facilitate optimal communication, collaboration, and growth of the studio’s art teams and promote their best work and remove development obstacles. You will also work with discipline leads from Design and Engineering to resolve challenges with cross team development and work closely with discipline Leads and Producers to ensure scheduling and task prioritization flows smoothly to take full advantage of the available time and resources.
The Art Manager will cultivate a diverse and talented art team by hiring, mentoring, and empowering artists of all art disciplines. Lead and mediate discussions to reconcile interpersonal and departmental conflicts while helping resolve competing priorities and recommend improvements to art workflows that will help further improve quality and morale.
- Collaborate with the art directors, art leads, and producers to manage, prioritize, and optimize artists daily work.
- Manage art team including direct reports, mentor artists on careers including 1:1s, reconcile conflicts.
- Propose ideas for art team workflow and discuss possibilities on how to improve.
- Collaborate with Director of Art regularly to discuss art team progress
- 5-10 years of experience as a Lead, Director, or Manager on Multiple AAA titles
- Expert knowledge of game art disciplines and workflows
- Expert communication skills both verbal and written
- An empathetic listener
- Organized and diligent senior game developer
The Nice to Haves
- Degree in Fine Arts or equivalent diploma in relevant field
- Working knowledge of industry standard engines and art software
- Comic book and relevant genre knowledge and interest
Pay Range: $98,000.00 - $182,000.00 salary per year.