Longhorn Network (LHN) launched August 2011. LHN, a partnership between ESPN and The University of Texas, broadcasts 175 athletic events a year, plus original studio shows, analysis and academic content.
Austin, Texas Area
Nov 18, 2022
Jan 09, 2023
Apr 29, 2023
A Day in the Life:
- Screens, logs, transcribes and clips footage for events; organizes head shot and melt reels
- Cuts show elements such as video B-Roll, bumps and highlights
- Selects footage for teases and roll-outs
- Logs and archives video and associated data for future use
- Supports social media by screening games, clipping plays and taking photos at home games (if in-person)
What You Bring to the Role:
- Advanced knowledge of sports, including current athletes, rules and events with an emphasis on college athletics
- High level of familiarity with ESPN programming, platforms and studio shows
- Must possess demonstrated communication and organization skills and ability to react quickly and positively under a wide variety of production situations
- Experience in sports media, preferably in television production, or involvement with collegiate TV station
- Historical knowledge of UT sports
- Experience with editing, screening and/or logging video
Candidate must be in good academic standing with the college or university if still enrolled
Communication, Broadcasting, Journalism or related majors
- Must be enrolled in a college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR graduated within the past 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Must be available to work weekends
Program Dates: The approximate dates are January 9 – April 29, 2023. Interns will work 25-29 hours per week and will need to provide availability on nights and weekends.
Work Environment: This internship may be in-person or may be remote/hybrid. If in-person, interns are responsible for providing their own housing and transportation. If remote/hybrid, this internship will require a reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated work space.
Compensation: This is a paid internship, and you may also receive school credit. The pay rate for this remote internship is $21.20 per hour.