NBCUniversal is looking for a Lead Costume Associate to join our Studio Operations team in Doraville, GA. In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the costume and wardrobe department to support both our internal and external productions within the broader Atlanta metro region.
Wardrober / Stylist
Greater Atlanta Area
Sep 11, 2023
NBCUniversal is looking for a Lead Costume Associate to join our Studio Operations team in Doraville, GA.
In this role you will be responsible for overseeing the day-to-day operations of the costume and wardrobe department to support both our internal and external productions within the broader Atlanta metro region. You’ll provide oversight of an extensive inventory of production assets to ensure ideal curation and utilization while managing a team to support production logistics, inventory management, and billing. You will also work closely with Los Angeles based team members to help build and manage key SOPs, system technologies, and standards across the departments.
You will need to be a seasoned production professional able to operate at multiple levels and bring in a forward-thinking operations expertise.
What You’ll Do
- Drive standardization and controls in workflow between associates and customers
- Maintain clean and accurate records of customer check-ins/outs, loss & damage, sub rental receipts and returns
- Act as business operations subject matter expert of RTPro; ability to stand in for your team if/when needed to support daily operations
- Assist with determining optimal scheduling and labor shifts including workdays/hours, and overtime based on business volume
- Help oversee office administration functions including customer onboarding, order processing, invoicing/billing, client dispute resolution, vendor relations, out-of-state shipping, monthly accounting close, etc.
- Run daily activity confirmation reports
- Provide outstanding customer service to existing and potential clients by being courteous, responsive and resourceful
- Assist accounting department in rectifying invoice and PO discrepancies with Clients and Vendors
- Measure and report rental inventory utilization; provide recommendations around asset acquisition, liquidation, and merchandising based on category, period, location, and opportunity for growth and expansion
- Provide design/consulting services for various productions, on-lot events/seminars, high-profile community/industry engagements
Let’s Talk About You…
- Customer Service Champion- No request is too big or too small, you put customers and our people first
- Process-Driven – You organize, prioritize, and execute numerous orders in tandem with detail-orientation and strong problem-solving
- Passion for Production- You understand and care about high-end content production and how our businesses fit into the overarching process
- Analytical expert- You create tools and processes quickly and accurately to provide job estimates for clients leveraging deep industry experience, historical trends, team expertise, and vendor relationships
- Flawless executer- You get things done! Using strong business acumen, organizational and superior process/project management skills, you prioritize and execute numerous complex projects in parallel
- Trendsetter- You understand market shifts as demand changes and how to respond quickly with the right assets at the right time
- Tech-savvy – You are an MS Office whiz and can take on new software with ease
What You Must Have…
- 5+ years of experience in a relevant role using skills that include application of extensive knowledge of clothing, styles, fabrics, patterns, shoes, jewelry, and accessories by decade
- 2+ years of experience in data entry with a high level of accuracy and working with a high volume of throughput
- 2+ years of experience working a camera booth and the skills to troubleshoot IT problems as they arise
- Must be able and willing to work overtime as needed. Including shifts standing, lifting, climbing ladders, bending, crouching, and moving up to 25 lbs. of clothing, shoes and accessories in a warehouse environment
What Would Make You a Stand-out:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Fashion, Business Administration or Computer Science
- Ability to interact with all levels of personnel, including executives, operational supervisors, and front-line crew
- Strong communication and written skills
- Strong computer skills: ability to understand multiple operating systems.
- Strong analytical capabilities and financial acumen
- Knowledge of the production process, specifically costuming
- Knowledge of various studio departments and production groups
- Ability to instinctively appraise assets based on value, usefulness, rent ability, etc.
- Experience working on set and managing production budgets
- Artistic ability to understand production and costumer needs
- Strong computer literacy in inventory tracking systems (i.e., RTPro)
Required On-Site: This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite.