Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Cinematic Animator who is ready for the challenge to take on board an industry wide established and recognised group of Cinematic Animators.
London, United Kingdom
Aug 25, 2023
Rocksteady Studios is looking to add to its family of permanent staff. We are looking for an exceptionally talented Lead Cinematic Animator who is ready for the challenge to take on board an industry wide established and recognised group of Cinematic Animators. Your role will involve leading them towards a new frontier of AAA cinematic storytelling for our upcoming AAA titles.
- Ensure high-end Cinematic quality of all scenes produced by the Cinematic team.
- Set examples, and ensure entire Cinematic team is aligned with cinematography output and style.
- Collaborate closely with Script, Audio and Dialogue teams, in ensuring agreed scene intention and goals.
- Serve as a point of contact between Script and Cinematic team members.
- Conduct regular performance and personal growth reviews to drive the Cinematic Animation team to excellence.
- Lead, advise and drive the Cinematic Animation team to deliver high quality results and efficient working practices.
- Be a role model for all members of the Cinematic Animation team, emphasizing project and company goals and providing regular feedback on performance.
- Ensure a high level of morale within the Cinematic team.
- Mentor junior members of the team.
- Direct actors and scenes in performance captures.
- Meet production deadlines/goals, and adapt effectively to changes, given the dynamic nature of gaming schedules.
- Manage the Cinematic team's backlogs, bugs, and risks in collaboration with Production to ensure smooth departmental operation.
- Build and maintain close working relations with the Animation and Art Directors.
- Collaborate with key members of staff and dependency departments, to identify workflow issues and potential requirements.
- Create, oversee and keep updated on all relevant documentation for the project(s).
- Interview and hire exceptional members of staff when staffing plans need addressing (when required).
- Act as the representative for Cinematics internally or externally, such as in press interviews and interactions with external partners.
- Demonstrate a strong commitment to the vision and values of Cinematics while addressing all matters.
Technical & Skill Requirements
- An exceptional understanding and demonstrative skills of storytelling and cinematography.
- Expertise in Actor Direction, Motion Capture shoots, and AAA cinematic pipelines.
- Meticulous working methods and excellent organisation skills.
- Excellent knowledge in Motion Builder.
- Sequencer, Kismet, Matinee and general UE4/5 experience is highly beneficial.
- Familiarity with Maya is beneficial.
- Exceptional attention to detail.
- Outstanding communication skills, including the ability to maintain team morale, influence, and motivate.
- Capability to work effectively both independently and as part of a larger team in developing ideas, vision, and direction for the team.
We encourage candidates from all backgrounds and experiences to apply. Rocksteady Studios is committed to fostering an inclusive and diverse environment.