We have begun pre-production on a new, unannounced VR title, and are looking for a Lead Audio Designer to form part of our core team. In tandem with the Audio Director and Game Director, they’ll be responsible for developing and designing the overall soundscape of our game.
Audio / Music / Sound
Virtual Reality (VR)
Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 23, 2024
We have begun pre-production on a new, unannounced VR title, and are looking for a Lead Audio Designer to form part of our core team. In tandem with the Audio Director and Game Director, they’ll be responsible for developing and designing the overall soundscape of our game. They would be able to put together a strong and coherent audio vision, one which would amplify and underline the themes and style of the title. They would then execute on that vision, driving the creation of music, SFX, and systems to create a whole that is greater than the sum of its parts. From creating a high level audio vision to final mix and master, they will own the audio pipeline.
- Create next-gen environmental audio for our virtual worlds, develop/maintain the spatial audio systems that drive them
- Design audio for ranged and melee weapons, creatures, UI and all other aspects of game audio
- Control the mix; Help ensure proper equalization and dynamics for all assets and systems
- Document technical requirements and aesthetic visions; demonstrate aesthetic vision through your skills and experience as a sound designer
- Drive internal and external reviews for sound effects and music
- Help drive the casting/recording/implementation of dialogue
- Maintain a working knowledge of audio-related platform requirements
- Recommend library additions and plan and execute field recording adventures when necessary
- Strategize and manage internal/external resources for maximum benefit
- Assist with audio R&D and tool development.
- Define and apply best practices of technical audio workflows and systems to support project and team needs.
- Manage Wwise project organization, structures, gameplay parameter setups and optimizations
- Foster camaraderie and teamwork between disciplines, be a positive force of support and guidance
- 5+ years in a game development environment, completing at least one full game development cycle
- Deep knowledge of game audio implementation, tools and technologies
- Experience with Wwise
- Extensive knowledge of audio signal processing, mixing, sample rates, data compression, filters, reverbs, 3D positional audio, etc.
- Proven ability to drive a vision from conception to final implementation
- Experience managing an outsourcer or working with an external partner.
- Experience with Unreal Engine development
- Experience with live recording sessions, both in studio and in the field
- VR or AAA experience
- Familiarity with PS4, PS5, Oculus and/or PC tools and release processes
- Task tracking software (Jira, DevTrack, Hansoft, etc.)
The salary range for this position in Los Angeles is $90,000 – $115,000.