We have an exciting opportunity for Key Art Designer! As a Key Art Designer, you are responsible for visually conveying show themes into a single static image that will capture our audience’s attention.
Greater New York City Area
Dec 16, 2022
Your designs illustrate the editorial and creative tone of the brief and can be the foundation for animated show designs as well as toolkits and other still campaigns. The Key Art Designer will have the opportunity to design for all Fox News Media properties including Fox News Channel and Fox Business and our streaming services Fox Weather and Fox Nation. You thrive in a fast-paced environment and are familiar with designing for a variety of platforms including news, entertainment, and streaming.
* In order to be considered you must submit a link to your portfolio demonstrating a range of original designs (specifically key art, logos, movie/show posters, thumbnails) *
A SNAPSHOT OF YOUR RESPONSIBILITIES
- Conceptualize and design visually engaging key art frames that capture the editorial and creative tone of each series or special program, utilizing your own original artwork along with supplied photography and library images.
- Iterate and version creative asset toolkits for multiple platforms (living room devices, mobile, web, print).
- Demonstrate strong logo design, typography, layout, editing, keying, masking, exploring many conceptual options and a wide range of techniques to match the editorial tone of each project.
- Partner with motion designers and other team members to share assets to be used across full show packages.
- Manage concurrent projects with varying deadlines and levels of complexity.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED
- 5 years of industry experience
- Portfolio of past key art creative where you played a lead/independent creative role
- Demonstrated strength in typography, layout, composition, color
- Expertise in both technical and creative use of Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Strong collaborative skills working with creative directors, art directors, fellow designers and managers
- Willingness to absorb and apply constructive criticism from team and producers
- Clear communication and experience presenting your creative ideas
- Organizational skills with file management and within the graphic applications
- Solid understanding of show production, pitch process and how key art helps drive overall vision for programming
- Digital production skills to execute project from concept to final production-ready files
- Knowledge of current design trends, design history and techniques that will help elevate our brand
NICE TO HAVE, BUT NOT A DEALBREAKER
- Working knowledge of After Effects for collaboration with motion designers on the team
- Knowledge of Cinema 4D, Maya, Vizrt, and other broadcast design tools
- UI/UX experience
- Interest in news and entertainment programming
- Bachelor’s degree in Design or equivalent hands-on experience