Channel 5 is on one of the most exciting journeys in the UK media landscape. We are looking for a dynamic Junior Picture Editor with knowledge of the TV and VOD landscape, attention to detail, strong graphic design and picture editing skills, and a motivation to flourish in a small team.
London, United Kingdom
Oct 04, 2023
Please note this role is known as a Junior Picture Editor internally.
Is this the role for you?
Channel 5 is on one of the most exciting journeys in the UK media landscape. With a rapidly evolving and unique programming slate, the UK’s third largest commercial broadcaster is fast building a reputation and winning over new viewers. Channel 5’s VOD service My5 continues to grow with renewed focus as part of Paramount’s streaming strategy.
We are looking for a dynamic Junior Picture Editor with knowledge of the TV and VOD landscape, attention to detail, strong graphic design and picture editing skills, and a motivation to flourish in a small team. This job will reside within Channel 5’s VOD Editorial team and will play a key role as the My5 platform continues to evolve.
To be successful in this role, you are able to manage your own time well across multiple projects at once. You must be well organised, creative, an able communicator, a team player and you must thrive in a fast-paced environment. You will be self-motivated, confident in your opinions and able to work alone as well as part of a team, and curious – ready to learn about the subject of a wide range of content.
What will you be doing?
- Uploading and delivering artwork in advance, to meet multiple deadlines, within tight schedules but without compromising on quality
- Working creatively within the parameters and guidelines of the vision and brand of Paramount and Channel 5
- Creating concept & feasibility ideas for key art designs and scamps where necessary.
- Developing engaging and impactful key art from concept through to completion for priority programmes and to reach diverse audiences
- High spec retouching and colour correction of show imagery
- Creating suitable and effective title treatments from scratch to completion
- Producing promotional layered artwork and assets which are delivered externally to a wide range of platforms and brands including Sky, Apple, Amazon, Roku, and Virgin Media.
- Regular meetings with the senior editorial director & other partners to present key concepts and artwork, for their feedback and approval
- Liaising with multiple parties throughout the creative process, including the press team, marketing, and creative teams as well as the production company, to understand the source requirements, targets, strategies, and timescales.
- Managing and responding efficiently to internal/external requests and queries
- Ensuring style and brand guides are adhered to and visual integrity of imagery preserved
- Adopt the ‘One Paramount’ approach and encourage collaboration and team working
- Be an ambassador for all VCNI channels, internally and externally
- Adopt and promote the Paramount values and support a culture of inclusion
What are we looking for?
- Experience in all stages of the creative design and production process
- Design Experience across all platforms and marketing mediums with main area of expertise being key art design
- A strong visual and creative problem solver with an excellent ability to verbally communicate ideas
- Experience in mainstream graphics software, including but not limited to: Adobe Creative Cloud – Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign
- Knowledge and experience of all mainstream post production techniques and formats
- Committed to teamwork and collaboration
- Ability to produce and communicate a stream of fresh innovative and original ideas
- Ability to stay up-to-date with the latest design trends and techniques
- Ability to meet deadlines, often working within tight schedules
- Strong organisational skills and excellent attention to detail
- A clear understanding of copyright laws