Symphony Space seeks a creative, detail-oriented, and organized full-time Junior Graphic Designer to join its in-house Marketing Department.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater New York City Area
Dec 27, 2023
Symphony Space seeks a creative, detail-oriented, and organized full-time Junior Graphic Designer to join its in-house Marketing Department. The Junior Graphic Designer will report to the Creative Director and will work closely with members of various in-house departments and outside vendors. Emphasis is on the execution of engaging digital and print materials, implementation of brand standards, and best practices for internal workflows.
- Design, edit, and produce a variety of print and digital material (including posters, ads, postcards, brochures, mailers, flyers, invitations, building signage, social media content, website/newsletter graphics, and video assets).
- Update existing collateral, maintaining a consistent aesthetic.
- Detail-oriented file preparation for final assets.
- Work closely with the marketing team to deliver innovative designs that are consistent with the brand and organization’s mission.
- Assist in establishing overall marketing strategies and priorities in partnership with the marketing team and other in-house departments.
- Work independently at times with members of other departments.
- Meet schedules and tight deadlines in a fast-paced, high volume environment.
DESIRED SKILLS & TRAITS
- 1+ years of design experience
- Highly proficient in InDesign, Photoshop, and Illustrator. Experience with animations in After Effects is a plus.
- Creative design portfolio
- Solid color theory, layout, and typography skills
- Strong digital design background
- Proficient print production knowledge
- Excellent time management skills, including the ability to manage multiple concurrent projects under tight deadlines
- Eager to work in a collaborative team and interact with all other departments
- Ability to be flexible and incorporate feedback
- Excellent communication skills