Junior Roto-Paint Artist’s are responsible for working closely with compositors to help integrate the elements of an image. This includes creating mattes for hold-outs as well as employing various techniques to remove wires, targets, and rigs.
Mar 20, 2023
- Create roto mattes for compositors to utilize while having a solid knowledge of how these mattes will be used
- Able to use camera projection and frame-by-frame painting to remove rigs, targets and reconstruct plates
- Comprehends 2D tracking and the ability to utilize multipoint tracks and planar trackers
- Strong knowledge of basic compositing techniques, including de-graining and re-graining, keying, and basic color correcting
Education / Experience
- Prior experience in basic 2D paint tasks in Silhouette or other related software.
- Prior experience with Nuke or similar compositing packages.
- Prior experience with 2D image processing softwares such as Photoshop, Krita, or Gimp
- Prior experience with 3D Animation tools such as Maya or Blender
- Prior experience with Mocha helpful
- Knowledge and interest in photography and digital manipulation
- Artistic knowledge of composition and color
- Strong interest in film and cinematography
- Recent graduates encouraged to apply
Required Skills / Competencies
- Ability to work efficiently and under tight deadlines within a production environment
- Demonstrate a willingness to learn new tools, techniques, and software
- Strong proactive communicator and open to constructive feedback
- Knowledge of linux based operating system is helpful but not required
- Basic knowledge of VFX terminology
- High attention to detail and Aesthetics
- Knowledge of industry standard softwares Nuke and Silhouette
- Proficient with RV usage, including QC checks such as A/B comparisons with last revision, plate etc.