The Goodman Theatre seeks a Properties Head-Run Crew to be an essential member of our Run Staff for the 8 show season, our annual production of A Christmas Carol, the New Stages Festival, and special events.
Greater Chicago Area
Dec 22, 2022
Dec 27, 2022
- Preset, run, maintain, and repair props during the run of the show.
- Participate in all Albert Theatre load-ins and load-outs with Properties Supervisor and props staff.
- Work with Stage Management, Production Staff, Directors, Actors and other Run Crew members during technical rehearsals, understudy rehearsals, and performances to accomplish the goals of the show.
- Actively assist in the organizing, cleaning, and maintaining backstage work areas, prop work room and theatre prop storage areas
- Assist the props department in the creation of props elements when available
- Other duties as assigned
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE:
- 2 years professional run crew experience
- Strong knowledge of backstage theatrical practices
- Knowledge of prop construction, modification, and fabrication. Stage firearm and weaponry experience are a plus
- An ideal candidate will be collaborative, punctual, detail oriented, well organized and maintain a positive attitude
- Able to work under pressure and respond efficiently to frequent changes during tech rehearsal and shows
- Ability to repeatedly lift, push, or maneuver up to 50 lbs. either alone or with assistance
- Must be able to climb ladders and work at heights