As an integral member of the marketing leadership team, you will be responsible for driving new subscriber growth through effective marketing strategies and channels.
As an integral member of the marketing leadership team, you will be responsible for driving new subscriber growth through effective marketing strategies and channels. This requires mastery of both paid digital and traditional marketing channels, as well as a deep understanding of how to reach and engage target audiences across a variety of platforms. You will work closely with cross-functional teams to help develop go-to-market strategies that position FloSports as the essential destination for sports enthusiasts. Additionally, you will lead a growing team of marketers to develop best-in-class digital strategies for FloSports. The position is based in Austin, Texas.
Reporting to the CMO, you should have a data-driven, entrepreneurial mindset and be highly collaborative. Your success in this position will be measured by your ability to build scalable campaign portfolios through cutting-edge ad product expansion, ad technology, test and learn agenda, and a focus on performance versus plan. You are expected to increase awareness and growth across different customer segments and sports verticals while maintaining a healthy ROI.
The Head of Growth, Performance Marketing role involves overseeing all aspects of the strategic process of channel optimization. This includes developing the performance marketing budget model, setting KPIs and benchmarks, creating experimentation roadmaps and timelines, and reporting performance to senior leadership as well as cross-functional stakeholders. As a leader of a growing team of marketers, you will be responsible for developing best-in-class digital strategies for FloSports, with a focus on driving incremental opportunities for acquisition while improving customer acquisition cost (CAC) and customer lifetime value (LTV) through marketing campaigns, experiments, and stretch projects.
- Collaborate with the broader Marketing team to define growth plans, channel mix, and analyze data and analytics to impact growth goals across customers and partners.
- Design and implement a growth strategy using paid and traditional marketing channels to acquire and activate new users in a scalable and efficient way.
- Define and own key performance indicators (KPIs), tracking performance metrics on a daily and weekly basis and iterating quickly to optimize, proactively detect roadblocks, and course-correct as needed.
- Oversee the refinement of media mix and marketing attribution models to optimize resource allocation and drive growth.
- Lead and mentor a team of growth marketers, while being hands-on with execution, to optimize and maximize efficiency in building out high-velocity growth marketing functions.
- Collaborate with marketing functions (marketing operations, product marketing, brand, design, and customer support), and other departments (content, strategy, and product) to drive outstanding user experiences and improve our marketing reach and efficiency.
- Develop and lead the strategy for executing data-driven, performance marketing campaigns that align with strategic market moments (seasonality) to reach target audiences.
- Support an agile marketing process by leading rapid experimentation of new channels, campaigns, creative and incentives to build scalable solutions.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- 10+ years of experience in performance marketing and/or acquisition marketing, managing a large budget in a B2C function.
- 4+ years of experience as a team lead or people manager, prioritizing tasks, motivating the team, and delivering results
- Demonstrated ability to build and develop high-impact teams, prioritize tasks, motivate team members, and deliver results.
- Proven success in building and executing growth strategies for hyper-growth and scaled companies.
- Deep understanding of programmatic media buying, including paid search, display, and social media platforms.
- Experience with campaign automation and bid optimization tools
- Strong analytical background and proficiency in rigorous data tools and data-driven decision making.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, including KPI reports, and translate insights into actionable steps.
- Track record of performance optimization and leading large, cross-functional teams.
- Experience in brand media, leading large brand media buys, and proficiency with ad platforms such as TikTok Ads, Hulu Ads, and Apple is highly preferred.
- MS/MBA in Marketing, Marketing Analytics, Computer Science, or related technical field is a plus.
- Previous work history in tech, media, or sports is a plus.
- You love customers. Some would even call you, “customer-obsessed.” You enjoy learning what motivates them, how they think, and what they like.
- You have a strong affinity for technology and are highly familiar with marketing technologies. You can quickly learn the technical aspects of our product.
- You are comfortable using data to inform your strategy. You're confident in your ability to evaluate the success or failure of an initiative based on data, and you know how to effectively communicate insights to your leadership and team.
- You can cultivate an intellectually curious, data-driven culture for your team.
- You are flexible and adaptable, with the ability to navigate ambiguity. However, you also enjoy establishing structures and processes in a rapidly growing organization.
- You are self-motivated and continuously seek ways to improve efficiencies for you and your team.
- You are a strong team leader and a team player.