The Guest Office Manager is a full time, seasonal position that reports to the Director of Programming and works closely internally with multiple SFFILM roles and departments, and externally with SFFILM Festival guests. This position will supervise the Guest Office team, which is responsible for all hospitality for visiting guests at the SFFILM’s San Francisco International Film Festival in 2024.
San Francisco Bay Area
Jan 04, 2024
Jan 15, 2024
May 10, 2024
The Guest Office Manager is a full time, seasonal position that reports to the Director of Programming and works closely internally with multiple SFFILM roles and departments, and externally with SFFILM Festival guests.
This position will supervise the Guest Office team, which is responsible for all hospitality for visiting guests at the SFFILM’s San Francisco International Film Festival in 2024. The individual will help hire and manage a team of individuals to execute the below duties for the spring Guest Office and be responsible for at least two direct reports in the lead up to the festival (January – May). This is an excellent opportunity for someone with experience supporting filmmakers and managing teams and budgets, and interested in developing their skills with the preeminent bay area Festival.
The Guest Office Manager will partner with the SFFILM Programming department, including the Transportation team, and will work with SFFILM fundraising, operations, education and artist development team members to create an exceptional guest experience during the SFFILM Film Festival. As a key point of contact for invited SFFILM guests, this role will be expected to work from our SOMA office several days per week depending on department needs. Some night and weekend availability is required, especially during the SFFILM Festival (April 24 – 28).
Application review begins January 4 but will be rolling after that. The ideal start date for this position is January 15, 2024. This position is paid hourly at the rate of $25 per hour and is eligible for overtime. The end date for this role is May 10, 2024.
- Provide guest management and hospitality for high-level talent and filmmakers for SFFILM Festival and ad hoc events in the winter.
- Supervises all activities of the Guest Office department, including direct management, and allocation tasks to the Guest Office Assistant Manager and Coordinator for the spring festival season .
- Manage department budget, working closely with the Director of Programming (DP) to ensure hospitality expenses remain within scope.
- With support from DP, collaborate with the Transportation department to ensure smooth overall communication between Guest Office and Transportation for the Festival Season.
- Oversee departmental communications for all SFFILM guests, including personal itineraries, updating invitations and welcome letters, creating, and disseminating welcome packs, and overseeing SFFILM Guest Offices Website.
- Oversee accommodation for all festival guests, including liaising with multiple hotels, assigning accommodations to guests, maintaining master hotel grid, and overseeing airfare reimbursements.
- In collaboration with the Development Department, actively contribute to the management and billing with Festival Partnership Hotels.
- Ensure all event/festival benefits are available to filmmakers as appropriate, assisting with ticket requests and communication with producers/studios/distributors, and overseeing internal holds are efficiently managed.
- Manage all guest check-in staffing and workflow for guests for all SFFILM events.
- Oversee all guest support for Talks as needed at the SFFILM Festival.
- Revamp and publish the Guest Office Website and keep all information current in the lead up and during the festival.
- Provide support during Industry Days to Programming and Makers. Industry Days is a two day, in-person event providing networking and panel discussions for 100+ filmmakers.
- Oversee Jury accommodation and execute the Jury luncheon.
- Create a cohesive wrap report for each position, reconcile all expenses, and close out all accounts.
- Work with the Programming Team to ensure Thank Yous are dispatched upon the festival’s conclusion to key constituents.
- 2+ years of Guest/Artist Relations or Film Festival experience required.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Demonstrated experience in budget and staff management required.
- Ability to juggle multiple tasks and competing timelines.
- Excellent decision-making and creative problem-solving skills.
- Ability to be welcoming and comfortable interacting with people with vastly different backgrounds and roles.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and experienced in database usage (FilemakerPro preferred).
- Proficient in Squarespace website creation and management.
- Knowledge of foreign languages is a plus.
- Bay Area Based