CBS News and Stations is seeking a highly organized, creative, and experienced Group Design Manager to help lead our CBS-owned and operated station group across 17 markets. As the Group Design Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and project planning of the Group Design team, working closely with the Regional Art Directors to ensure the timely and successful delivery of design projects.
Greater New York City Area
Dec 13, 2023
CBS News and Stations is seeking a highly organized, creative, and experienced Group Design Manager to help lead our CBS-owned and operated station group across 17 markets. This position sits on a decentralized Group Creative team that works hand-in-hand with our design teams in each local market.
The Group Creative team brings planning and mentorship to our entire group, delivering best in class creative and design to be implemented within our local markets. Both nimble and innovative, the Group Creative team sets the course towards our organization’s North Star—to make our community a better place to live.
As the Group Design Manager, you will be responsible for the day-to-day operations and project planning of the Group Design team, working closely with the Regional Art Directors to ensure the timely and successful delivery of design projects. You will co-direct a team of impactful designers, collaborate across teams, and assess and distribute incoming design requests ranging from motion graphics and Chyron development to large-scale projects and rollouts while communicating with collaborators to ensure projects align with business goals and user needs. You will also have an opportunity to roll up your sleeves and pitch in so you can stay close to your design roots! Your role will be pivotal and a force multiplier for Group Design!
- Project Management: Manage the entire lifecycle of design projects, from initiation to completion, ensuring that projects are delivered on time and within scope.
- Team Leadership: Lead, mentor, and lead a team of designers, encouraging a synergetic and innovative design culture.
- Cross-functional collaboration: Collaborate with product managers, developers, and partners to define project requirements, goals, and timelines.
- Resource Allocation: Allocate design team resources optimally, balancing workload and skills to meet project demands and optimize efficiency.
- Quality Assurance: Maintain high design standards, ensure all design deliverables meet quality expectations, and align with brand guidelines.
- Risk Management: Identify potential project risks and issues early and develop mitigation strategies to ensure success.
- Feedback and Improvement: Establish feedback loops to continuously improve the design process and project outcomes, fostering a culture of learning and growth.
- Stakeholder Communication: Optimally communicate project progress, updates, and outcomes to internal and external partners.
- Documentation: Maintain project documentation, including design briefs, presentations, proposals, project plans, and status reports.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent experience in graphic design, broadcast design, fine arts, or practical experience in a related field.
- Experience managing broadcast design teams.
- Excellent project management skills, including proficiency with project management tools (Excel, PowerPoint, Jira or equivalents)
- Strong understanding of broadcast design principles and standards.
- Strong portfolio showcasing a wide range of graphic design work, including on-air graphics, digital assets, and promotional materials.
- Proficiency in design software tools (e.g., Adobe After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator, Chyron, Cinema 4D, Unreal Engine, Figma, etc.)
- Experience with template development workflows (e.g., Chyron, ViZrt, Ross, AE, etc.)
- Strong communication skills.
- Ability to collaborate efficiently with cross-functional teams.
- Strong problem-solving and decision-making abilities.
Hiring Salary Range: $100,000.00 - 145,000.00.