As a Graphic Design Specialist, you will work in support of Walt Disney World Resort offerings, including tactics such as Guidemaps, signage, buckslips, booklets, onsite wayfinding tools, specialty/unique guides.
Orlando, Florida Area
Jan 08, 2024
As a Graphic Design Specialist, you will work in support of Walt Disney World Resort offerings, including tactics such as Guidemaps, signage, buckslips, booklets, onsite wayfinding tools, specialty/unique guides. Internal support tactics inclusive of local and Executive presentations and internal team/Company support.
You will collaborate with partners and teammates to coordinate the proofing and approval process to ensure print collateral is accurate, reviewed by partners and is error-free. You will also work with vendors to arrange printing and quality assurance collateral.
You will report to the Manager, Business Support.
This is a Full-Time role.
Must submit portfolio of relevant work in graphic design or related field.
What You Will Do
- Partner with peer and client groups to craft effective communication tactics to domestic and international Guests, in alignment with Disney brand standards
- Create original assets when crafting projects that do not have predetermined art
- Creatively problem-solve and provide workable solutions to challenges
- Ongoing creative development and enhancement of existing tactics via use of typography, color, and layout decisions and using evolving, innovative print technology from one offering to the next
- Ability to work, ideate creatively, and strategically build from established brand identities and style guides
- Proofreading for Guest-facing audiences by reviewing for accuracy, nomenclature and visual elements
- Building and communicating decks that showcase designs from concept to completion for executives and stakeholders
- Collaborate with various partner groups across the Company to ensure creative and content alignment across various business units
- Stay up to date on industry trends and innovative print techniques via regular Supplier Relationship Meetings (SRMs), industry-led presentations, etc.
- Inspired & motivated by collaboration with team members (internally & with clients), balancing listening with chipping in. Balance teamwork with working individually based on project need
Required Qualifications & Skills
- 1+ year of professional experience in Graphic Design practice
- Outstanding knowledge of Adobe Creative Suite software, including InDesign, Illustrator and Photoshop
- A proven understanding of and hands-on experience applying graphic design principles and best practices
- Ability to think critically, develop and pitch creative solutions in fast-paced environment
- Able to be a self-starter and prioritize multiple, overlapping projects simultaneously
- Drive project deadlines to ensure collateral is completed and delivered on time
- Expansive knowledge of Walt Disney World Resort
- Clear organizational skills and adaptability to various partner project management styles
- Required knowledge of print production techniques and processes to effectively communicate file prep and design specifications to print vendors
- BA/BS degree from an accredited program is required