The StudioFX team is seeking a Motion Designer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. You will kick off your day by attending our department check in meetings to share insights into projects, artist availabilities, cool and innovative spots, and social events.
The StudioFX team is seeking a Motion Designer who will be an exceptional addition to our team. You will kick off your day by attending our department check in meetings to share insights into projects, artist availabilities, cool and innovative spots, and social events. You will later work on smaller projects and collaborate with your project group, which is normally comprised of a Vice President, Producer, Creative Director, Art Director, Senior Designer, and a designer and/or an animator. The team later disbands into our project groups to discuss research, pull references, concepts and design.
Responsibilities may include but are not limited to:
- Design logos and styleframes, research and conceptualize ideas.
- 2D and/or 3D animation
- Assisting our Production team in generating multiple versioning for all marketing spots.
What we are looking for…
- Design, conceptual thinker, and off the box thinker
- Hard-working, self-motivated and detail oriented.
- Experience with Adobe apps (Illustrator, Photoshop and After Effects)
- Good Communication Skills
- Positive team-player
- Skilled multi-tasker
- Experience with Cinema 4D, Maya, or Resolve are a plus
- Prior internship experience or classes in Graphic Design, Motion Design, Visual Effects, Post-production and the like, a plus.
- Students or recent graduates within 6 months working towards their Bachelors of Arts or Masters of Fine Arts in Graphic Design, 3D, illustrator, Typography, or Fine Art
- Must include a Portfolio with application (portfolio link as a URL link on your resume; any other portfolio submissions will not be considered)
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Program length -- The approximate dates of this internship are January 2024 through June 2024
- Work details -- Must be able to work full time hours (approximately 40 per week) Monday through Friday 10-7pm PT for the duration of the internship
- Must be able to have a consistent, reliable work schedule throughout the session
- This internship can be a remote or an on-site position– Requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace. If onsite, Must be able to provide own housing and reliable transportation for work in the Los Angeles, CA area. Also requires a working, reliable internet connection as well as a quiet, dedicated workspace.
The pay rate for this role in California is $21.70 per hour.