We’re seeking a full-time airborne camera operator and and traffic reporter. Fly in our Atlanta traffic helicopter and operate our video camera system. This is a split-shift position, from 6 to 10 AM and 3 to 7 PM Monday through Friday. Based at PDK airport in Chamblee, GA.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Atlanta Area
Aug 24, 2023
We’re seeking a full-time airborne camera operator and and traffic reporter.
What You'll Do:
- Fly in our Atlanta traffic helicopter and operate our video camera system. This is a split-shift position, from 6 to 10 AM and 3 to 7 PM Monday through Friday. Based at PDK airport in Chamblee, GA.
- Use a two-way radio to communicate with our ground controller and affiliates to spot and assess new and ongoing road issues, including wrecks, stalls and construction.
- Work with aircraft crew to insure safe operation of the helicopter.
- Prepare and voice airborne traffic reports for radio and TV station affiliates.
- When weather or aircraft availability prevents the helicopter from flying, it is expected that you will contribute to TTWN's Atlanta Hub operation by providing data production and/or voice services.
What You'll Need:
- Current Atlanta area resident. Out of market applicants will NOT be considered.
- Knowledge of the local coverage area geography and roadways, mass transit and traffic patterns.
- Pleasant, charismatic and well-controlled voice; excellent pronunciation.
- Previous experience with video camera operation.
- Previous broadcast experience is a plus.
- Must be willing and able to work a split shift, from 6 to 10 AM and 3 to 7 PM Monday through Friday.
- Must be able to comfortably fly in the confined space of a helicopter for multiple hours each day.
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Ability to work within prescribed guidelines without needing close supervision
- Problem solving skills within established procedures
- Understanding of when to seek guidance for unforeseen problems
- Close attention to detail
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to act in a professional manner and collaborate with colleagues of different levels