CUMULUS MEDIA | Grand Rapids is looking for a FT Morning Show Talent to join our team. Experienced Top40, Country, Alt, and AAA hosts are encouraged to apply but all music and talk format personalities with an interest in Classic Rock are welcome. You’ll be working for a station where you can build the next chapter of a highly respected legacy on.
Audio / Music / Sound
Live Event / On Location Services
Greater Grand Rapids, Michigan Area
Feb 05, 2024
CUMULUS MEDIA | Grand Rapids is looking for a FT Morning Show Talent to join our team. Grand Rapids is the second largest city in Michigan and on the grow, with West Michigan a unique area incorporating big city style with the heart of the Midwest. If you can answer “yes” to these questions, then we want to talk to you:
- Do your stories entertain and make people laugh and smile?
- Are you willing to live your life on-air and share it on social media?
- Do you create social/digital content that engages the audience & grows listenership?
- Do continuously plan & prep throughout the day?
- Are you as dynamic in person at appearance & events as you are on air?
- Do you quickly develop positive relationships with co-hosts, our sales team, your other station colleagues?
- Are you willing to become an integral part of the West Michigan community, including philanthropic networking?
Experienced Top40, Country, Alt, and AAA hosts are encouraged to apply but all music and talk format personalities with an interest in Classic Rock are welcome. You’ll be working for a station where you can build the next chapter of a highly respected legacy on. In other words: we’re kind of a big deal. You will be, too.
- Co-Host and Co-produce a compelling and relevant radio show using creativity, imagination, and collaboration targeted at our West Michigan audience.
- Excel at listener interaction. Be great on the phones with listeners, know their needs and produce strong social media engagement across the multiple platforms our audience embraces, with focus on video creation and podcast projects.
- Be a strong partner to our sales team, establishing and enhancing client relationships; working on endorsement projects designed to meet the needs of our advertisers; creating commercials, social posts, and video content to drive results for their businesses.
- Be a station ambassador at station appearance by maintaining a positive and approachable attitude around listeners & clients.
- Participate in both internal station meetings and external stations events and be flexible to join in off-shift remotes and weekend voice tracking for one or more stations.
- Adhere to all “Cumulus Programming Principles”, policies and procedures of the station, Cumulus Media, Inc., the FCC, and all other federal, state, and local laws.
- To upload your air-check, please paste the audio file into a Word document and save with name format Lastname.Audio and upload as part of your application by selecting “Include a cover letter”
- Instructions are also provided on the application form.
- 5 + years of Full-Time On-Air commercial radio experience with successful ratings history preferred.
- Extensive morning experience preferred
- But high-profile talent from any shift encouraged!
- An audio demo of on-air work, including show content with other hosts, creative segments and listener interaction
- Include commercial endorsements if possible.
- Working knowledge of social media platforms, especially Facebook & Instagram with strong engagement results.
- Experience with audio editing (Adobe Audition) and video production/edit skill preferred.
- Knowledge of OpX studio automation a plus.
- Maintain am upbeat positive personality, being entertaining, topical and engaging on the air; able to relate to the West Michigan market.
- Must work well in a team environment; be a partner and work collaboratively to insure a team efforted show.