The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting producers and editors in the development and execution of Olympic feature elements which will include long form, short form, and historic lookbacks. This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 12-18 months unless otherwise amended.
Aug 16, 2023
The Production Assistant is responsible for assisting producers and editors in the development and execution of Olympic feature elements which will include long form, short form, and historic lookbacks. The primary focus of these pieces will be sponsored or promotional in nature. This position will be focused on post-production with the possibility of an occasional field or studio assignment.
This is a part-time project / limited term position with an estimated duration of 12-18 months unless otherwise amended.
- Assist production personnel in all phases of creating Olympic and Paralympic feature, sales & marketing elements
- Organize all materials for edits (footage, sound, photos, music etc.)
- Assist Editor & Producer throughout edit process
- Track rights and music usage
- Assist in editing pieces, font coordination and sport, photo and video research where required
- Curate library of produced elements
- Collaborate with producer on storytelling aspects of production
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent experience
- Demonstrated ability to problem solve
- Minimum six (6) months’ experience in production
- Willingness to work occasional OT and have flexibility to work nights and/or weekends & holidays.
- This position is required to be performed full-time from an NBCUniversal-designated worksite: Stamford, CT OR This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Ability to quickly understand and assess opportunities and/or problems and respond with creative ideas and solutions
- Must be a team player
- Demonstrated background in contributing to complex projects
- Experience with non-linear editing
- Strong knowledge and interest in television production and storytelling; demonstrated appreciation for the Olympics
- Extremely well organized
- Experience with AVID or similar NLE
- Detail and deadline oriented
- Sharp eye for visuals and a fresh taste for music