This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. ABC News Live is on the lookout for a vibrant and talented Temp/Recurring Producer to become a key player on our New York-based team.
This posting is an opportunity to submit your resume for future consideration; this is not a role that is open at this time. We anticipate this role may be open in the future, but we are not actively hiring for the position. If you would like to be considered for this potential role, please submit your resume. If the role becomes available, you may receive an email or call from a recruiter.
ABC News Live is on the lookout for a vibrant and talented Temp/Recurring Producer to become a key player on our New York-based team. As a Producer, you'll be at the forefront of crafting compelling content, conducting in-depth research, and producing high-quality interview segments that captivate our audience. In addition, you will be working with on-air talent both in the studio and out in the field. This role is 100% on-site.
- Research, write and produce interview segments and anchor scripts with advanced speed.
- Resourcefulness when looking for images and video is a MUST.
- Knowledge of current events and the ability to write short VOs for headlines.
- Assists in reviewing copy for compliance with brand, policies, style, and tone.
- Implements best practices and workflows to maximize efficiency and accuracy in the editorial process.
- Possess a strong understanding of the digital landscape and evolving technologies is preferred. Control room experience a plus.
- Supports a positive work environment.
- Minimum five years’ experience writing and producing broadcast or digital content in one or more of the following areas: broadcast, cable, major local news market, streaming news.
- Ability to edit and write under tight deadlines.
- Extensive experience producing segments.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
- A willingness to work extended shifts and thrive under daily deadline pressures.
- Knowledge of iNews (or other similar producing software).
- Bachelor’s degree (TV/Film/Journalism or related field) or equivalent work experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $106,800 to $143,200 per year.