NBC Sports Chicago is looking for an exceptional digital video editor with an in-depth knowledge of Chicago sports.
Greater Chicago Area
Oct 06, 2022
Our candidate must have video editing experience, incredible attention to detail, the ability to produce video for different digital platforms and an innate excitement about creating great sports content. Excellent communication skills are vital for this fast-paced, collaborative news environment.
- Edit multiple videos per shift about Chicago-area sports teams across NBC Sports Chicago platforms
- Edit short-form video content for NBCSportsChicago.com and social media platforms from daily media availabilities from professional sports teams
- Clip video from television broadcasts for digital platforms
- Coordinate video ideas with in-field reporters
- Monitor breaking and developing news stories to ensure compelling, relevant video is published as quickly as possible
- Work with content management system to publish content
- Push content to social media
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in journalism or related field, or relevant work experience
- Demonstrated experience in editing video content, packaging content for digital and social audience
- Demonstrated proficiency with Premiere and Photoshop
- Interested candidate must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com to be considered
- Willingness to work overtime, nights, weekends and holidays
- Must be willing to work in Chicago, IL
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be 18 years or older
- Strong attention to detail and ability to work well on deadline
- Ability to multi-task and thrive in a high-pressure environment.
- Deep knowledge across all major American sports, including NBA, NFL, NHL and MLB
- Must be a team player