The Director/Operator position is a project-based role for prospective partnerships between SNY and outside clients. These partnerships will create very short digital segments throughout the day.
The successful applicant will be responsible for the entire breadth of operational elements for these segments. Using Ross Overdrive automation, you will be responsible for directing, while also performing each of the crew functions. These would include coding audio for automation, studio set-up, lighting, camera operation and shading, & preparing mics. This applicant must always exhibit professionalism, a strong work ethic, and a ‘can do’ positive attitude. This is a full-time, project-based position that is expected to last at least one year.
- This is a freelance position expected to work two or more days per month, often on weekends, with occasional vacation relief during the week.
- Using Ross Overdrive automation, the Director/Operator will code the rundown, operate the automation, and call the show.
- Must be able to target, operate and shade robotic cameras, initiate lighting cues at various positions across different sets. Set-up, test and implement wireless/wired mics and IFBs.
- This position will also likely be utilized for SNY’s linear studio programming providing back-up coding, countdowns, and other assistance to the primary Director during live shows.
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience.
- Experience with Ross Overdrive or other automation systems is a significant plus.
- Ability to prioritize instantly, plan for contingencies, & manage all elements of a production.
- Prior experience with Robotic cameras, broadcast audio consoles, lighting systems, RF mics/IFBs and Viz RT graphics preferred.
- Candidates should have experience working in a state-of-the-art, fast paced, live control room environment.
- Ability to work effectively in high-pressure environment.
- Thorough knowledge of studio and control room operations.
- Excellent interpersonal & communication skills required.
- Must be a collaborative team player who works well with others.
- Available to work flexible, non-traditional hours including late nights, weekends and holidays.
Additional Job Requirements
- Interested and qualified candidates must submit a resume/CV through www.nbcunicareers.com
- Must have unrestricted work authorization to work in the United States
- Must be covered by Solutions, NBCU’s Alternative Dispute Resolution Program
- Must be 18 years or older
- Must be willing to work in New York, NY