This role is responsible for managing all foreign stories and content, managing our foreign correspondents, planning and executing special coverage of overseas events.
THIS IS A PERMANENT FULL TIME ROLE, PREFERABLY BASED IN SYDNEY (open to other locations for the right person)
Jul 28, 2022
Functions will also include:
- Planning for and executing coverage plans for major events, international and national
- Prioritising and selecting newsworthy stories.
- Assigning, producing and sub-editing foreign stories, writing packages as required
- Maximising content across all social and digital platforms
- Quality control – ensuring a high level of consistency across the network
- Maintaining strong relationships with the studio, editing and operational staff
- Mentoring and guiding our overseas staff, or staff we send on deployment overseas
- Managing overseas budgetary spend
What are we looking for in a Foreign Editor? What’s important?
- 5+ years news production / Journalism experience including demonstrated experience/interest in international news
- Degree or similar relevant qualification
- Some proficiency with editing software and news programmes
- Positivity, enthusiasm and can-do attitude, a team player with a proactive, optimistic outlook
- Strong communication skills