The Marketing Operations team has an exciting opportunity for a Finishing Editor. The Finishing Editor will be the last person to touch promotional content before it airs and plays a critical role in ensuring every marketing asset is picture perfect.
Marketing / Advertising / Pr Services
Greater Los Angeles Area
Aug 15, 2023
The Marketing Operations team has an exciting opportunity for a Finishing Editor.
The successful Finishing Editor will provide advanced technical post production services for finishing and versioning key marketing assets for Disney Entertainment Television Marketing. including promotional and advertising assets used in paid media plans, B2B Advertising Sales events, Investor Day summits.
The Finishing Editor will be the last person to touch promotional content before it airs and plays a critical role in ensuring every marketing asset is picture perfect.
- Provides advanced technical post production services for finishing and versioning key marketing assets for Disney Entertainment Television Marketing, including promotional and advertising assets used in paid media plans, B2B Advertising Sales events, Investor Day summits, and experiential consumer events.
- Conforming, media online, titling and color grading Broadcast and digital promotional assets used to entice viewers to watch original and acquired programming and subscribe to streaming platforms.
- Performing professional quality non-linear editing for content promotion, original programming trailers, PR content promotion, and additional marketing and advertising assets that align with enterprise marketing priorities.
- Collaborating with creative executives and producers to perform creative changes as requested by producers and marketing stakeholders, including picture, timing, color correction, and graphics revisions while maintaining professionalism.
- Partnering with internal post-production producers, supervisors, and coordinators to quality check each edited video package for visual errors and apply corrections where needed, prior to delivery and on-time with short turn around.
- Partnering with management team to implement new editing techniques, media workflows, technology, and industry’s best practices to maximize efficiency while maintaining the highest standards for editorial deliveries.
- 8 + years’ experience in television post production.
- Hands on experience completing professional color correction and video editing for a marketing post-production facility or Studio specializing in content promotion, and/or commercial finishing.
- Must have expertise in technical specifications utilized for broadcast, cable distribution, OTT distribution and various social media platforms.
- Solid background in television post-production with at least 7 years of professional AdobePremiere experience, other non-linear editing systems, and compositing experience is a plus.
- Professional level experience required with setting luminance levels, selecting color spaces, aspect ratios, frame rates, audio configuration, file formats and codecs, in addition to utilizing title safety, and motion graphics. Must be well versed with file types (DPX, TIFF, MOV, etc.), original camera media files, and proficient with EDLs, CDLs, XMLs, and AAFs. Expertise in post production workflows required, including import and export settings, with the ability to manage media and professionally organize color correction settings and presets.
- Must possess expertise in Adobe Premiere and Blackmagic Davinci Resolve (including color grading within both tools).
- Must have a positive attitude and great communication skills.
- Must live within a commutable distance to office in Burbank, CA
- Must be proficient in various computer software, including PC & Mac environments.
- Please submit reel/links on resume for consideration.
- Preferred experience and familiarity with Apple Final Cut X, Adobe After Effects and AVID.
- Preferred familiarity with Leader HD Scopes.
- High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred bachelor’s degree in media related area of study.
The hiring range for this position in Burbank, CA is $92,800.00 to $124,400.00 per year based on a 40 hour work week.