The Features Producer is a vital role in CNN’s Hong Kong bureau, the network’s Asia-Pacific headquarters.
Aug 05, 2022
They will be responsible for producing feature content for all of CNN’s platforms – from written digital features to crafting bite-sized social videos to filming full 30-minute TV documentaries – and strive to innovate and experiment with new technologies.
This position is ideal for a someone with experience of producing beautiful, impactful stories for digital, TV and social platforms. They will be journalists with a passion for global storytelling and travel.
- The Features Producer is an expert storyteller who can write and craft content that connects with audiences – wherever they are, and wherever they’re going next. They conceive story treatments across a range of different platforms, including digital, TV and social media, while maintaining CNN’s high standards.
- The Features Producer will work across CNN’s portfolio of longform content, often working in partnership with other producers or specialist section editors, to deliver against defined KPIs. They will also be willing to travel extensively and collaborate with regional bureaus to introduce CNN’s global audience to the wonders, innovation and compelling characters found in other locations.
- The Features Producer will take on ambitious storytelling challenges, working with CNN’s on-air talent and many different teams to deliver content that distinguishes CNN against the company’s competitors. They will organize production logistics and production schedule, regularly working to tight deadlines. They will follow CNN’s editorial standards by working closely to Ofcom guidelines, and following CNN’s defined editorial processes and procedures.
- This position will work under the Commissioning Editor who will assign budgets and goals for each sponsored campaign. The Features Producer will also work with Concept Development Executives to ideate new series proposals.
- This role is suitable for ambitious storytellers who nurture relationships and collaborate effectively with others to create content that helps the team to achieve success.
- Ability to produce TV and digital videos end-to-end: pitching, writing, and overseeing shoot/edits
- Managing a wide variety of projects at once, from long-form projects that may take months to develop, to creating content on a tight deadline
- Support the Senior Producers in research and assignments
- Work collaboratively across the globe with our other feature production units
- Experiment with new video formats on multiple platforms to push the envelope and reach new audiences
- Coordinate with global network of digital copyeditors to produce visually dynamic and interactive digital features
- 3+ years of experience in a broadcast news or documentary environment
- Strong track record in delivering exceptional projects across Television, Digital and Social platforms
- Passion for pushing new formats and styles
- Strong writing, communication and interpersonal skills
- Demonstrative knowledge of current affairs and the Asia-Pacific region
- Willingness to travel in Asia-Pacific is required
- Detailed, meticulous and organized
- Must have the ability to work independently, solve problems and communicate effectively in fast paced environments
- Passionate storyteller and media creator
- Ability to multi-task and seamlessly transition between multiple workstreams
- Knowledge of Adobe Premiere, After Effects, Photoshop and Audition
- Languages other than English, especially regional languages
- Experience of working and living in the Asia-Pacific region