The Features Producer researches, develops and produces insightful, analytical and colourful content for programming across CNBC International TV and digital services.
London, United Kingdom
Aug 17, 2023
The Features Producer researches, develops and produces insightful, analytical and colourful content for programming across CNBC International TV and digital services. This role collaborates closely and coordinates with the Editorial and Technical teams in CNBC International’s London and Singapore newsrooms, including Senior Producers and Broadcast Operations, on overall content and production. The role is based in London and reports to the Executive Producer, International.
- Produce a variety of CNBC’s feature programmes in both long and short forms.
- Demonstrate strong news judgment through research, reading and pursuing relevant and compelling stories.
- Identify and develop original and creative ideas and stories.
- Proof read, fact check and conduct due diligence on ideas and scripts submitted by other producers.
- Book and pursue top guests and work to develop new guest relationships.
- Work in close collaboration with colleagues across the newsrooms, including senior producers, news editors and anchors.
- Cooperate with other departments, especially broadcast operations and graphics, to make the best possible programming.
- Collaborate with CNBC global teams as necessary.
- Preparation of core news segments from proprietary sources or features content.
- Assignment to CNBC’s live or pre-recorded events and outside broadcasts.
- Maintain and enhance CNBC’s commitment to diversity, equity and inclusion.
- A strong drive and commitment to our company values and culture
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Previous experience in TV features programming essential (proven credit citation as Producer).
- Knowledge of INews, Final Cut Pro, TV Production systems, TV graphic systems.
- Good understanding of the role of digital and social media in news broadcasting and multi-platform delivery.
- Capability to handle short and flexible deadlines and work in a face-paced environment.
- Strong written and verbal communication skills.
- A passion or interest in business, economics, and financial markets desirable but not essential
- High standard of written English, additional languages would be beneficial.
- Eligible to work in the UK.
- Ability and willingness to travel as needed.