WBZ NewsRadio has an opening for an experienced news writer and producer. Responsible for writing creative and relevant on-air news copy under continual rolling deadlines.
WBZ NewsRadio has an opening for an experienced news writer and producer.
What You'll Do:
• Responsible for writing creative and relevant on-air news copy under continual rolling deadlines.
• Establishes relationship with listeners by providing news coverage to targeted demographic audience.
• Interviews newsmakers.
• Adheres to all guidelines, policies and procedures of the station, iHeatMedia, the FCC and all other federal, state and local laws, including policies and procedures regarding indecency and obscenity.
• Communicate clearly with editors and other newsroom staff.
• Update social media platforms such as Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Threads etc.
• Participates in required station Programming, Promotions, and Sales staff meetings and events.
• Verifies facts and produce news content.
• Edits actualities for broadcast.
What You'll Need:
• Proficient in Microsoft Office suite and social networking.
• Proficient in media production and broadcast systems; familiarity with NexGen, Adobe Audition, NewsBoss a plus.
• Strong knowledge of all FCC rules and regulations.
• Socially informed and perceptive; up-to-date and in tune daily with the local and national trends and/or specialized knowledge of topics/events related to current events/news.
• 4 year journalism degree; experience working in a newsroom.
• Position requires proficiency in writing news copy, fact checking and research. Must work well under breaking news and deadline pressure.
• Excellent verbal and written communication and editing skills; proficient in grammar.
• Demonstrated creativity and imagination.
• Able to maintain composure when faced with difficult situations and personalities.
• Can work well in a team environment; collaborative.
• Able to adapt to changes in schedules and maintain composure in a fast-paced environment with short deadlines.
What You'll Bring:
- Respect for others and a strong belief that others should do this in return
- Full proficiency and understanding of job function
- Open communication with colleagues and direct reports that encourages collaboration and team consensus
- Strong problem solving skills
- Efficiency with independent work under minimal guidance
- Commitment to process improvement for overall team effectiveness
- Professional communication that stresses diplomacy, empathy and patience
Location: Medford, MA: 1 Cabot Road, Suite 320, 02155