Do you have deep experience supporting a top-level executive? Are you known for keeping your cool under pressure? Can you interact with the most senior levels of management? Our senior executive support professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that oversees the highest office of ABC News.
Do you have deep experience supporting a top-level executive? Are you known for keeping your cool under pressure? Can you interact with the most senior levels of management? If you’re nodding your head, then a senior executive support professional position in Disney Entertainment at The Walt Disney Company might be right for you.
Our senior executive support professionals are highly-respected because their skills are quite simply, essential. You’d be a key member of a dynamic, fast-paced team that oversees the highest office of ABC News. We work with some of the most creative, intelligent journalists in the business. Join us – apply today!
Working in the Office of the President, this position will very closely partner with and support the Executive Assistant to the President of ABC News and will share a schedule that covers the hours of 7am to 7pm ET.
You would be primarily responsible for supporting the day to day schedule of the President of ABC News and will additionally provide EA support to the VP, Office of the President. It goes without saying that there will be expense reports, travel planning, hundreds of phone messages and endless calendar jockeying, but this job is very much about people. The relationship you form with the executive(s) you support is absolutely critical, because that’s what enables you to become a true partner. In addition to understanding your executive’s business -- and business needs -- inside and out, you’ll also need deep knowledge of the leadership and workings of Owned Television, Disney Entertainment and related departments across the Disney enterprise. As the “face” of your executive within The Walt Disney Company, your professionalism, loyalty and attitude are a reflection of the office, and as such, are a key component to its success.
Primary responsibilities in this role will include:
- Closely partner with and support the Executive Assistant to the President of ABC News in managing the President’s calendar and day to day schedule; additionally, you will provide EA support to the VP, Office of the President
- Understanding each day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct calls and other meeting requests. Be ready to throw the entire schedule out the door when an emergency comes up, then pick it up again when the dust settles
- Booking and managing regular travel, often creating multi-city travel itineraries and taking into account time zones, weather delays, traffic and fatigue levels
- Serve as the primary interface for external senior executives, management and their support teams – your ability to work well with people on all levels is a very important part of your job
- Schedule and arrange meetings and conference calls with external partners and stakeholders. This may require handling logistics such as vendor selection, catering, venue and audiovisual
- Partner with the EA to President of ABC News to handle heavy volume of incoming calls with all levels of internal and external executive management and employees
- Provide support with managing email, mail and other communications for the President of ABC News
That said, every day as an executive support professional is different! On any given day you might also:
- Read relevant newspapers and trade journals, screen upcoming news specials so you are completely immersed in the mission of the office and can inform the President when you see something she should know
- Conduct research, fact-check existing work, and prepare regular reports and summaries – you’ll have tasks that you “own” completely and will provide regular assistance on others
- Review your leader’s schedule to build-in time for things like thinking and traveling to their next meeting
- Understand the day’s priorities so you can be strategic about how you direct phone calls
- Schedule conference rooms, meetings and video chats
- Handle extremely confidential, sensitive information, remembering that Disney is a publicly traded company
- Draft letters and emails on behalf of your leaders
- Assist with on-boarding new employees – you’ll be the “friendly face” that newbies count on to answer all their questions, including some who are extremely senior in the organization
- Manage large purchase orders and vendor contracts
- Mentor and train younger support professionals in hard skills like computer programs, and soft skills like teamwork
- Plan large, high-profile events like premiers, product launches, off-sites and team-building activities
Here’s what you will need to be successful in this role:
- At least 7 years supporting senior executive leaders and/or equivalent experience
- A strong interest in and passion for news, keeping a pulse on breaking news stories and current events. Must stay up to date and highly proficient on all major news events from politics, climate, health, economy, crime, race & culture, etc. Avid watcher of all news from our own platforms to our competitionSharp written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and prioritize deadlines/deliverables
- Strong proficiency with all types of computers, phones and office equipment, as well as mastery of Microsoft Office programs, SAP, Confluence, Concur, and working in a Windows environment
- A calm head and steady hand to deal with the unexpected
- “EQ” skills to build bridges, forge alliances and encourage people to want to work with you
- Complete reliability handling confidential, often highly sensitive information
- Desire to truly be helpful to your leaders and co-workers, to go the extra mile without being asked
- Some flexibility in your schedule – we value work/life balance, but in a pinch, a bit more time is needed
- Very strong organizational skills and extreme attention to detail
- A highly professional demeanor, positive outlook and a can-do attitude
It would be great if you also had these skills:
- Experience at The Walt Disney Company
- Experience working in a news organization
- Experience working in a large public corporation
- Experience working as a production assistant or associate producer
- Journalism experience or degree
Education is important to us, here is what we are looking for:
- Required: High School Diploma
- Preferred: Bachelor’s degree and/or equivalent experience
The hiring range for this position in New York is $71,440 to $98,230 per year based on a 40 hour work week. The amount of hours scheduled per week may vary based on business needs.