We are seeking a modern, professional, and experienced Executive Assistant and Office Manager to provide high-level support to a Senior Vice President (SVP). The role will also provide secondary support to three Vice Presidents (VPs).
Toronto, ON, Canada
Aug 18, 2023
We are seeking a modern, professional, and experienced Executive Assistant and Office Manager to provide high-level support to a Senior Vice President (SVP). The role will also provide secondary support to three Vice Presidents (VPs). This position requires a dynamic individual who thrives in a fast-paced, hybrid work environment and can contribute to a high-performance team. Our ideal candidate should possess strong software skills, be thorough, have excellent verbal communication skills, and exhibit a high level of energy and proactivity.
- Be highly responsive to direct and anticipated needs; provide fast, accurate, and thoughtful responses to requests, and follow up on action items in support of the executive’s efficiency and effectiveness.
- Provide comprehensive administrative support to SVP and VP’s and assist with managing daily schedule, including arranging/coordinating meetings, agendas, appointments, and travel itineraries.
- Act as a liaison between the SVP and internal/external collaborators, effectively managing communications and ensuring timely and accurate responses.
- Provide effective and expeditious meeting agendas, notes, action items and follow-ups.
- Maintain a thorough understanding of company systems and processes and quickly adapt to any new software or technologies implemented.
- Conduct research and gather information to support the SVP and VPs in decision-making processes, compiling data into concise and practical summaries.
- Manage expense reports, invoices, and other financial documentation for the SVP and VPs, ensuring accuracy and adherence to company policies.
- Partner with key partners and their EA's to collaborate, acquire information, problem solve, and achieve desired results.
- Manage special projects and take on additional duties and projects as needed.
- Prioritize tasks as needed and organize daily. Always monitor emails during working hours and before and after them.
Office Manager Responsibilities:
- To act as first point of contact both internally and externally, greet visitors, clients, and employees in a friendly and professional manner, ensuring a positive first impression.
- To coordinate and manage front of house duties, including but not limited to, excellent phone etiquette, manage mail/couriers and maintain meeting rooms to high standard, ensure all equipment are present and working daily.
- Maintain the cleanliness and organization of the reception area, kitchen, and common spaces to uphold a professional and inviting environment.
- Proactively manage service providers ensuring contractual obligations are achieved and expedite any problems with the services provided by them to a satisfactory conclusion.
- Maintain a strong communication line with various collaborators, ensuring smooth information flow and effective problem resolution.
- Undertake delegated projects from investigation through to making recommendations and implementation.
- Assist with cross-functional tasks such as invoice processing, vendor setup, and procurement. Create/monitor/maintain purchase order requisitions, tracking spend and assisting with the annual budget submission.
- To facilitate all onboarding, offboarding of employees or contractors.
- Assist in organizing and coordinating company events, including meetings, conferences, and social functions, ensuring smooth execution.
- Collaborate with various departments, including International Facilities Management (IFM), International HR, and International Technology.
- Manage security regulation and processes related to the offices and ensure strict access protocols within employees and external partners.
- Ensure compliance with local and Company governance for Business Continuity Plan, Energy Directive Audits, Health & Safety & Security ensuring that policies and arrangements are regularly reviewed and updated to ensure legal compliance.
- Active involvement in Paramount’s Sustainability Programme, supporting achievement of Carbon Net Zero by 2030 and ensuring that reporting is suitably defined and delivered.
- Responsibilities are not limited to the above description and may be modified at any time.
- Proven experience as an Executive Assistant or similar role, supporting senior executives in a fast-paced, demanding environment. 6+ years of directly related experience, with 3+ years supporting a C suite executive (with supporting references).
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook) is essential. Experience with other productivity tools and software is a plus. Candidate will need to pass a proficiency test.
- Phenomenal verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to interact confidently with clients, collaborators, and colleagues at all levels of the organization; representing the executives professionally and building effective relationships.
- Ability to quickly learn new software systems and tools, adapting to changes and embracing new technologies that improve efficiency and productivity.
- Strong organizational and time management abilities, with an impeccable attention to detail. They should have a keen eye for accuracy, ensuring that all tasks, documents, and communications are error-free and delivered with the highest level of precision.
- Ability to thrive in a hybrid work environment, effectively managing tasks both remotely and in-person. They should have the flexibility to adapt to changing priorities, deadlines, and work environments.
- A collaborative teammate who can seamlessly integrate into a high-performance team. They foster positive working relationships, communicate effectively, and contribute to a supportive and inclusive work environment.
- Strong problem-solving abilities, demonstrating resourcefulness and creativity in finding solutions to complex issues. They think critically and make sound decisions under pressure, while managing a multitude of projects simultaneously.
- Professional demeanor, exhibiting tact, diplomacy, and discretion in handling confidential information.
- A dedication to personal and professional growth. They seek opportunities to enhance their skills and knowledge, staying up-to-date with industry trends.
- A high level of energy and enthusiasm to their work, demonstrating a proactive approach to tasks and a willingness to go above and beyond to support the executives and the team.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent work experience preferred.
- Preferred: A genuine interest in the entertainment industry and an understanding of its dynamics can be an asset in relating to the executives and contributing to the studio's overall success.