Come be a part of the future of Diablo IV! The ideal candidate has experience in encounter (monster/boss) design, a strong interest in critical thinking and analysis, experience bringing content to completion, boundless creativity, an understanding of visual aesthetics, and a passion for video games.
Albany, New York Area, Greater Los Angeles Area
Jan 26, 2024
Come be a part of the future of Diablo IV! This position will involve working in a cross-discipline team through the design and implementation of monsters, bosses, creature behavior, attacks, and powers. The ideal candidate has experience in encounter (monster/boss) design, a strong interest in critical thinking and analysis, experience bringing content to completion, boundless creativity, an understanding of visual aesthetics, and a passion for video games.
This role is anticipated to be a hybrid work position, with some work on-site and some work-from-home. The potential home studio for this role is Albany, NY or Irvine, CA.
- At least 3 years’ experience in the video game industry
- Experience working with a cross discipline team
- Experience playing games in the Diablo franchise
Knowledge & Skills
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- A demonstrable understanding of the role creature mechanics play in a combat model
- A drive to work on combatants and monsters of all kinds
- Able to work creatively in a fast paced technical environment
- Able to work to priorities and pillars set by leads
- Ability to work well with cross-discipline experts
We love hearing from anyone who is enthusiastic about changing the games industry. Not sure you meet all qualifications? Let us decide! Research shows that women and members of other under-represented groups tend to not apply to jobs when they think they may not meet every qualification, when, in fact, they often do! At Activision Blizzard, we are committed to creating a diverse and inclusive environment and strongly encourage you to apply.
- Experience designing boss encounters in any game
- Experience as an action-oriented combat/encounter designer
- Design experience on a multiplayer action game
- Have taken work through the entire development process to ship
- Non-design development experience (artist, programmer, etc.)
Knowledge & Skills
- Familiar with high-level scripting languages such as Lua or Python
- Deep knowledge of at least one well-known Game Engine
- Extensive experience playing action-oriented RPGs
In the U.S., the standard base pay range for this role is $29.81 - $55.14 Hourly.