*We are hiring at all levels for this discipline* The FX TD generates FX elements, procedural animation and dynamic simulations for feature film and episodic visual effects. They are responsible for lighting and rendering their work and should be able to do basic compositing.
London, United Kingdom
Nov 27, 2023
*We are hiring at all levels for this discipline*
The FX TD generates FX elements, procedural animation and dynamic simulations for feature film and episodic visual effects. They are responsible for lighting and rendering their work and should be able to do basic compositing.
What you’ll do
- Designs and creates procedural systems, RBD simulations, fluid simulations and particle simulations.
- Can set up/wrangle simulations for enormous FX-driven shots.
- Solid compositing ability, working knowledge of Nuke.
- Excellent problem-solving skills, able to debug simulations and set up surface shaders with proficiency.
- Can write/hack procedural surface shaders and volumetric shaders with proficiency.
- Can animate moderate objects with proficiency.
- Can pick up new techniques quickly and easily and can debug just about anything.
- Sets a standard for all Technical Directors in continually raising the bar for speed, quality of work and adaptability.
- Coaching and mentoring artists in new techniques and efficiencies.
What we’re looking for
Education / Experience:
- Proven production experience in feature film / episodic TV with effects simulation work.
- Bachelor's degree in computer science, engineering or computer graphics or equivalent work experience.
- Demoreel required.
Required Skills / Competencies:
- Ability to work with competency, energy and enthusiasm within a team environment with minimal supervision to complete a shot.
- Exhibits excellent listening and communication skills, able to receive direction and criticism.
- Excellent presentation/communication skills in dailies/shot review by clearly and briefly outlining what has been accomplished and what next should be addressed in the shot.
- Engages in the creative process without ego, and accepts all final decisions with a positive and supportive attitude.
- Demonstrates an excellent aesthetic eye, anticipating potential problems and using knowledge of how to use the tools to achieve the desired look.
- Demonstrates superb problem-solving skills and takes the initiative to offer ideas and suggestions.
- Prioritizes tasks and manages time very well.
Preferred Skills / Competencies:
- Linux and scripting ability in Python.
- Experience in Katana and PRman.
- Advanced experience with Houdini and Nuke. Rendering experience with Mantra/Karma.
- Able to script in Vex/Vops.