CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented Editor to help manage its network of contributing writers under the NYC-based Make It brand. The Editor will work with Make It’s Contributors team to pitch, assign, and edit stories for structure, flow, style and factual accuracy.
Greater New York City Area
Aug 24, 2023
CNBC Digital is looking to hire a talented Editor to help manage its network of contributing writers under the NYC-based Make It brand. CNBC Make It is a fast-growing, consumer-friendly section of CNBC devoted to aspirational content about entrepreneurship, leadership, careers, money and lifestyle.
The Editor will work with Make It’s Contributors team to pitch, assign, and edit stories for structure, flow, style and factual accuracy. The Editor will work on story formats including personal essays, reported pieces and op-eds.
What you’ll do:
- Organize workflow and editorial calendar of contributed content
- Recruit, edit and mentor contributors Brainstorm ideas and pitch compelling stories that showcase the Make It brand Collaborate with contributors and Make It’s social media team to distribute and promote content
What you’ll bring:
- At least 3 years of editing experience
- Ability to edit and write accurately in a high-volume, deadline-oriented environment
- Organizational skills, attention to detail and outstanding communication skills
- Exceptional news judgment and a strong sense of trending topics that will resonate with the Make It audience
- Demonstrated interest in money, careers, leadership, lifestyle and entrepreneurship topics
- Previous experience working with freelance writers and contributors
You’ll stand out if:
- You have a Bachelor’s degree
- You have experience at a large online content destination, such as a major online news site or financial newspaper
- You’re passionate about digital storytelling and creating the best user experience online, with proven experience in a creative environment
- You possess knowledge of and interest in the business world and financial news
- You have copyediting skills
- You’re able to make complex ideas easy to understand
Salary range: $70,000 - $95,000