At DreamWorks Animation Television, the Production Coordinator assist the Prod Supervisor and/or Production Manager with maintaining quotas and deadlines and ensuring departmental productivity goals are consistently met on a CG Production.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Feb 17, 2023
DreamWorks Animation Television has an exciting new opportunity for a Production Coordinator to join its team based in Glendale, California.
"What would you say you do here?"
Reports To: Production Supervisor and/or Production Manager
- Coordinates shipping of episodic materials to partner studios and ensures that the work is labeled and filed accurately
- Breakdown scripts in various stages (Outline, 1st Draft, 2nd Draft) to determine complexity of assigned episodes
- Manages day-to-day tracking of episodic status in production database
- Has an understanding of procedures for CG asset build
- Communicates effectively with artists regarding deadlines
- Drives and/or takes notes during Storyboard Reviews, Animatic Reviews, Editorial sessions, etc - and distributes information to Producers and Executives as needed
- Works with Partner studios to give support and maintain schedule for assigned episodes
- Maintains daily output information of CG department for assigned episodes
- Facilitate communication with partner studios by answering questions and coordinating the delivery of materials in a timely manner
- Perform daily check-ins with members of production, artists and supervisors to determine the status of work on the show
- Stays abreast of issues on the floor, anticipates potential issues and elevates information to Prod Sup and/or Production Manager
- Respond to all production-related communications in a timely manner as well as gather and distribute production materials
- Before materials are sent to partner studios, oversee the process of quality control such as CG assets, design model packs, and all reference material
- Manages workload and priorities of a Production Assistant and/or Intern
- Basic knowledge of CG asset terminology i.e., modeling, uv’s, rigging, textures, lighting, and FX
- Learns the necessary computer programs and network directory system
- Coordinate CG asset archiving activities
- Assist with ad hoc projects
"What do I need to have in order to do this job?"
- Software requirements: Microsoft Word and Excel, Google docs, Gmail and knowledge of production tracking databases (Shotgrid)
- Knowledge of Photoshop required
- Ability to work with partner studios
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced production environment
“What can I offer?”
- Minimum 2 years of previous TV animation production experience required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred
Hybrid: This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary range: $55,000-$65,000