DreamWorks Animation has an exciting new opportunity for an Editor to join its team based in Glendale, CA. The Editor will be responsible for the day-to-day running of the Edit suite in support of the Lead Editor.
Audio / Music / Sound
Greater Los Angeles Area
Apr 24, 2023
This position is subject to the eligibility requirements of the applicable Local 700 Editor Guild agreement(s).
“What would you say you do here?”
- Maintain creative integrity of film throughout the production and post production processes.
- Supervise and participate in scratch, production and ADR dialogue recording sessions.
- Cut and/or supervise the cutting of temp SFX and Music for the story reel.
- Primary point of contact with Technical Directors in production.
- Participate in final mix and temp mixes.
- Supervise quality standards of all work done at audio houses and other post houses.
- Spot final film with Sound Designer and Composer
- Acts as a creative liaison between Directors/Production and sound designer and mixers.
- Attend all screenings, studio and preview, and working with Directors to incorporate changes resulting from those screenings.
- Attend production meetings when required.
- Deliver an approved cut of the film in the required format to the sound and music departments on the handover date.
“What do I need to have in order to do this job?”
- 5+ years experience in Animation Editing
- Must have intimate knowledge of AVID Media Composer
“What can I offer?”
- Proficiency with Photoshop is a plus.
- Familiarity with FLIX is useful.
- Familiarity with Pro Tools for scratch recording is preferred.
- Familiarity with Linux/Unix operating systems is preferred.
This position has been designated as hybrid, generally contributing from the office a minimum of three days per week.
Salary Range: $120,494 - $160,000