Disney Theatrical Group (DTG) is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. The Production team is looking for an intern to gain real-world experience in theatrical production, touching on all areas of producing and operating large musicals.
Disney Theatrical Group (DTG) is among the world’s most successful commercial theatre enterprises, producing and licensing live entertainment productions and events around the globe. Its nine Broadway titles, including the current Broadway productions of The Lion King and Aladdin have been seen by over 160 million theatergoers worldwide! We also deliver live shows through its license to Field Entertainment, producer of Disney on Ice and Marvel Universe Live! Additionally, we license full-length, junior, and kids adapted titles for regional, school and community theatre productions.
DTG is committed to providing the highest quality career training and development for the widest, most diverse group throughout their career trajectory. We encourage applications from individuals whose backgrounds are currently underrepresented in the field of theater administration, inclusive of race, ethnicity, class, gender identity or expression, disability, and sexual orientation.
The Production team is looking for an intern to gain real-world experience in theatrical production, touching on all areas of producing and operating large musicals, from the teams working on some of the most successful Broadway shows (The Lion King & Aladdin) and North American tours (Frozen, The Lion King & Aladdin). If selected for this role, you will report to the Sr Manager, Creative Production.
What You Will Do
- Assist Production Department in work related to ongoing worldwide productions of The Lion King, Aladdin, Frozen, Beauty and the Beast, and Hercules, as well as several titles in early production and development
- Research a roster of Scenic, Lighting and Sound Designers and Directors
- Assist with translation work on our non-English language productions
- Support the digitization of Production Assets
- Conduct technical and design research on upcoming productions
- Provide support for development workshops in rehearsal
Required Qualifications & Skills
- Interest in the theatre industry
- Pursuit of a career in theatre production or management
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office – Word, Excel, PowerPoint
- A creative and collaborative spirit, positive attitude, and eagerness to learn
- Pursuing an undergraduate degree in theater, business or related area
- Theatrical management and production classes are a plus
Eligibility Requirements & Program Information
- Must be enrolled in an accredited college/university taking at least one class in the semester/quarter (spring/fall) prior to participation in the internship program OR must have graduated from a college/university within 6 months at time of application posting OR currently participating in a Disney College Program or Disney Professional Internship
- Must be at least 18 years of age
- Must not have completed one year of continual employment on a Disney internship or program.
- Must possess unrestricted work authorization
- Position is located in New York City, NY
- The approximate dates of this internship are June 2024 through August 2024
- Must be able to work 40 hrs per week, Monday through Friday, 9am - 6pm EST onsite
- Must have housing and reliable transportation to/from work
The pay rate for this internship in New York is $21.70 per hour.