NewsNation, the fastest growing cable news network, is seeking an experienced Director of Special Projects “Preditor” (producer, editor and compositor) to work in the NewsNation Creative Marketing department.
NewsNation, the fastest growing cable news network, is seeking an experienced Director of Special Projects “Preditor” (producer, editor and compositor) to work in the NewsNation Creative Marketing department. This person would report to the Executive Creative Director, and work alongside the Head of Design, Creative Directors, and designers and producers. You’ll be working on high-end network campaigns and promotional spots, corporate sizzle reels, and show opens and packages, in various capacities from concept to completion. Based in Chicago, NewsNation is building the next 24/7, unbiased, fact-based cable news network – News for All America.
Summary of Role: As a “Preditor”, you combine the skills of a Writer/Producer, Editor and Compositor; as the Director of special Projects, you’ll oversee the development and execution of key NewsNation brand messages, including corporate communications, sizzle reels, and specialized brand campaigns across multiple platforms. You’ll work in direct collaboration with the group’s Creative Directors, Head of Design, and producers and designers.
- 7-10 years as Senior Writer/Producer or above, very experienced in marketing and promotion, with strong editing and graphic skills.
- Experience with the entire Adobe Creative Suite, specifically Adobe Premiere and After Effects (along with numerous plugins and scripts)
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher in Marketing, Journalism, Film/Video Production, or related fields
- Must be able to take direction from Creative leads, while also providing independent ideas/direction for projects from concept through completion
- Animation of useful graphics package elements and systems for editors (lower thirds, title cards, logo intros, transitions, etc.)
- Have a reliable workflow for post-production and motion design
- Able to provide organized working files to various vendors for finishing when necessary
- Execute (or manage) color correction and mix and be able to deliver final high-res broadcast files
- Fluent in the spectrum of video compression and audio codecs, color spaces, bitrates, frame rates, and aspect ratios in a constantly changing medium
- Comfortable delivering files in any size and format for optimal quality on any platform
- Can shift from one assignment or style to another with ease
- Strong command of graphic design, and be able to handle audio sweetening and editing
- Creative mindset adept at storytelling, with a thorough knowledge of timing, motivation, and continuity
- Excellent communication and organizational skills, with an ability to accept and give direction
- Grace under pressure with high integrity
- Must be able to work well in a team environment
- Ability to occasionally work extended hours for tight deadlines and during peak seasons
- Operates with an effective, well-balanced combination of strong functional expertise and organizational savvy to drive and deliver key business results
- The right candidate could be located remotely if outside of our three major locations: Chicago, NYC, DC.