Paramount Tech is hiring a Director of Editorial Post Production Operations. This Director Position is responsible for managing the day-to-day Post Production Operations of our facility in Hollywood, CA.
Greater Los Angeles Area
Oct 06, 2023
Paramount Tech is hiring a Director of Editorial Post Production Operations. This Director Position is responsible for managing the day-to-day Post Production Operations of our facility in Hollywood, CA. They will work with the rest of EPPO West to manage the Hollywood Facility post production requests from all of the different groups that the Hollywood team supports.
The Director’s main duty will be to work closely with producing teams to capture, plan and ensure that appropriate editorial resources are deployed within project timelines and budgets. They will also work alongside our Production Technologies teams to ensure the appropriate management of systems, servers, and software are being thought of for the facility, and the groups and projects that it all supports. This role requires someone with good communication skills and has a customer service approach. The Director role is an in-office position and has hybrid/remote flexibility.
- Partner with all Brands and Networks producing teams that our Hollywood Facility supports to manage post production project requirements, system allocations, and oversee editor/AE/Audio Mixer/Colorist assignments as needed.
- Create and update an ongoing list of numerous editors, mixers, and assistant editors across several projects, creative producing teams, and brands concurrently.
- Work with Operations leadership to develop and implement best practices to handle both in-house and remote post production for both Adobe Premiere and AVID workflows.
- Liaise between field production groups and Ops/Media Management to determine the best post production approach based on schedule, resources, and overall need.
- Attend weekly Partners/Producing Teams meetings to review upcoming shows, priorities, schedules, and delivery deadlines.
- Create an exceptional customer service experience with brand partners in all areas of post-production.
- Recruit, interview, and build a dynamic talent pool of editorial freelancers (Editors, AEs, Audio Engineers, Colorists) that are passionate and knowledgeable about our brands.
- Partner with the rest of EPPO West Scheduling team to ensure proper distribution of editor and audio mixing resources while addressing scheduling changes, conflicts and shifting priorities.
- Communicate with media coordinators and media managers to ensure all media is ingested, prepped, and ready for edit.
- Communicate with Production Technologies daily to update editorial system needs.
- Monitor/respond to off-hour emergency post requests as needed.
- Assist in onboarding editors and other team members to Paramount processes and workflows.
- Evaluate, document, and escalate facility and technical issues to appropriate technology teams to provide solutions for both in-house and remote teams.
- Maintain the highest standards of personal conduct and demonstrate clear interpersonal skills with other employees.
- College Degree BA/BS or equivalent work experience in relevant fields preferred.
- 5 years minimum experience required in production and/or post-production.
- Must be very organized, detailed, fast paced, and adaptable to change.
- Additional Qualifications
- Deep knowledge of Editor and Producer roles, needs, and creative mindsets.
- Must be an exceptional communicator with various types of creatives, management, and staff.
- Thrives in a client-facing environment with a positive, customer service approach.
- Able to work well in a team-oriented atmosphere with collaborators across multiple regions.
- Is self-motivated, proactive, and can resolve issues.
- Proficient with core office software, such as Airtable, Outlook, Word, Excel, Slack, Zoom.
- Familiar with on-prem and remote post-production equipment and tools, such as Adobe Premiere and AVID Media Composer in both MacOS and Windows10 editing environments, Teradici, ZCentral Remote Boost, PCoIP, VPN Screenshare, and Evercast.
- Ability to build and preserve procedures and workflows.
- Knows the latest with all relevant industry trends and terminology as they apply to the overall job responsibility.
Hiring Salary Range: $110,000.00 - 125,000.00.