CNN seeks a talented Director of Weekend Programming to join the Domestic Newsroom team to oversee show teams in Atlanta, GA, Washington, D.C., and New York, New York! This position will be responsible for making all newscasts emanating from CNN headquarters winners in their time periods.
Greater Atlanta Area
Jan 02, 2024
CNN seeks a talented Director of Weekend Programming to join the Domestic Newsroom team to oversee show teams in Atlanta, GA, Washington, D.C., and New York, New York!
Your Role Accountabilities…
The Director of Weekend Programming, CNN/US, will be the network’s primary programming executive in Atlanta, have day to day oversight of Weekend Programming. This position will be responsible for making all newscasts emanating from CNN headquarters winners in their time periods. While this position will have a strategic focus, it will require the hands-on requiring an ability to articulate a vision for CNN programming success and an appetite for getting intimately involved to ensure CNN is first with the most accurate information and arresting presentation of news.
Key responsibilities include:
- Coordinate, collaborate, and provide direction to the Atlanta Executive Producers on a daily programming plan of attack
- Ensure Atlanta Executive Producers are abreast of breaking developments while on-air
- Collaborate with the Planning Desk and franchise units (technology, digital, entertainment, etc).) to prepare for aggressive and inventive coverage of news events scheduled to take place in ensuing days and weeks
- Collaborate with Research on competitive analysis to assess opportunities to be exploited
- Serve as the main point of contact with Sales to ensure the regular running of sponsored features and with Operations to ensure the smooth functioning of technical operations in the Atlanta newsroom
- Other duties/projects as assigned
Qualifications & Experience…
- Proven track record of covering breaking news
- Expert level experience in packaging day to day news coverage
- Proven track record in beating the competition through quality journalism
- 10+ years of related experience, with 5 years of management experience
- Undergraduate degree in journalism or related field. Experience may be accepted in lieu of degree
- Position requires outstanding judgement, critical and strategic thinking, leadership and strong interpersonal skills, communication skills and the ability to work well under pressure