Delish is searching for an ambitious and creative Director of Photography to join our video team. This person will develop and execute the visual style for the brand’s video content, including hosted recipe videos, hands and pans recipe videos, social video and feature videos according to brand standard.
Greater New York City Area
Jan 11, 2024
Delish is searching for an ambitious and creative Director of Photography to join our video team. This person will develop and execute the visual style for the brand’s video content, including hosted recipe videos, hands and pans recipe videos, social video and feature videos according to brand standard. Candidate should have extensive experience with studio shoots (food experience a plus!) and must be an organized self-starter with a strong ability to multi-task in a fast-paced environment. The ideal candidate will also bring both creative and technical expertise to all projects they work on. This position will report to our Creative Director.
Please note: For consideration, resumes must be submitted in PDF format with a cover letter, salary requirements, and a link to a portfolio or reel of visual work.
What you’ll do:
- Develop and execute Delish video visual style
- Shoot hosted recipe, hands and pans recipe, social video and location videos up to four days a week, including determining lighting and camera set ups
- Determine all gear needed for shoots, working with Director of Content Operations to ensure all equipment is in good working order
- Run audio on shoots as needed
- Work with producers and Creative Director to determine aesthetic for shoots, ensuring creative vision is executed with video and sound
- Booking and supervising freelance videographers and/or sound, gaffers, etc
- Editing visual elements in post production as needed.
- Collaborate with the art, food and feature departments to conceptualize creative for shoot concepts.
- Research new talent and current trends in video space.
- Proficient in Cinema and DSLR cameras. Sony knowledge preferred.
- Proficient understanding of lighting equipment including (but not limited to) Arri Sky Panel, Litepanel Astra, Quasars, Kinos, Litemats, Tungsten units
- Proficiency with running audio on set– setting up boom mics and lavaliers for talent
- Proficient with Adobe Premiere Pro
- Familiarity with other Adobe Creative Suite applications, including a strong working knowledge of Adobe After Effects, Adobe Audition, and Photoshop a plus
- Familiarity with audio mixing and color grading/correction
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in Film/Art/Photography
- 5 years minimum experience in production and shooting
- Solid technical camera operating skills
- Skilled in lighting multiple setups: 3-point lighting, seamless lighting, product lighting
- Excellent editing skills and time management capabilities
- Solid understanding of story structure and episodic formats
- Ideal candidate will be tech savvy and knowledgeable about up-and-coming aspects of film and video production
- Can carry 50 lbs of equipment
- Expert communication, organization and problem-solving skills
The base salary for this role is between $93,000 and $109,000.
This is a position covered under the Writers Guild of America, East, Collective Bargaining Agreement.