As part of the Pluto marketing leadership team, the Director of Marketing Strategy & Operations plays a meaningful role in crafting and driving the marketing strategy of our organization by driving strategic and operational alignment across the various functions within marketing.
The Data & Marketing Group plays a central role in the Paramount Streaming Group, responsible for the Consumer & Growth Marketing, Data & Insights and Business Operations for Pluto TV & Paramount+ at the cornerstone of growth across the free and pay streaming markets.
As part of the Pluto marketing leadership team, the Director of Marketing Strategy & Operations plays a meaningful role in crafting and driving the marketing strategy of our organization by driving strategic and operational alignment across the various functions within marketing. They will support leadership on the development of both long-term and near-term growth plans; lead goal-setting through frameworks like OKRs; as well as support presentations and communications with executives across the broader Paramount Global organization to ensure our work is aligned with the overall business objectives and is communicated effectively.
Reporting to the Global SVP of Marketing, the Director of Marketing Strategy & Operations will focus on improving efficiency by optimizing processes, coordinating cross-team initiatives, and leading across budgets in order to elevate the Marketing team to the next level of efficiency.
- Support the development of the department’s long-term vision and goals. Track progress toward these goals and drive analysis and recommendations for improvement.
- Collaborate with the Global SVP of Marketing and other collaborators to define, refine, and implement the overall marketing strategy. This includes aggregating actionable insights from market research, competitive analysis, and target audience segmentation.
- Streamline marketing processes to ensure maximum efficiency and measurability in campaign execution, customer acquisition and retention. Find opportunities for cost savings and resource optimization.
- Help lead the marketing budget, ensuring that resources are allocated effectively to meet strategic goals. Monitor spending, analyze ROI, and adjust strategies as needed.
- Ensure all key leaders are aligned on team strategies and priorities.
- Cultivate collaboration with other departments, such as content, product development, and creative to align marketing efforts with the broader interpersonal goals.
- Handle and develop communications (e.g., key information, key messages, strategies and results/analyses) to internal teams, cross-organizational collaborators, and executives. Lead material preparation for relevant board materials, and quarterly business reviews.
- Responsible for leading all aspects of and managing critical projects and initiatives within the department, including coordinating cross-functional teams and ensuring projects are driven effectively and on time.
- Bachelor's degree in Marketing, Business, or related field. MBA is a plus!
- 7+ years experience within the entertainment or tech space. Broad experience within the marketing function is required; consulting experience is preferred.
- Shown experience working with senior leadership, preferably in a strategic role
- Strong analytical and data-driven decision-making skills. Critical thinking and problem-solving skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills and interpersonal abilities to motivate and collaborate effectively with cross-functional teams.
- Ability to convey complex ideas clearly and concisely to different collaborators.
- Proficiency in brand and marketing strategies (online/offline, awareness, acquisition, adoption, retention, and dedication)
- Strong project management skills to ensure that strategies are driven effectively and on time, leading multiple moving parts simultaneously.
Hiring Salary Range: $124,000.00 - 160,000.00.